Peel a bag of potatoes in under a minute? Yes please!

Community Leader
Peel a bag of potatoes in under a minute? Yes please!
Tue, 07-15-2014 - 3:07pm

This, I just don't know if I'd ever actually do it, but OMGosh what a time saver! Maybe if I was having a BBQ and was making potato salad. Or it would be good to plan a few potato meals - like grilled potatoes and onions - along with the salad. :) 

http://youtu.be/EZ7Fjsr6Ebk

Community Leader
they used the potatoes with very little skin on them.. I myself would wash them up and use the skin in the salad.. Great idea tho.. I also love grilling potatoes.. I have also put some potatoes in foil, slices some slits in the potatoes and added some garlic, salt and baked them on the grill which are nice also.. * can use it in the oven too.. I love summer due to I can use the outside grill.. Keeps the kitchen cooler.. (( Erin it does work))))
<
Community Leader

wren53 wrote:
they used the potatoes with very little skin on them.. I myself would wash them up and use the skin in the salad.. Great idea tho.. I also love grilling potatoes.. I have also put some potatoes in foil, slices some slits in the potatoes and added some garlic, salt and baked them on the grill which are nice also.. * can use it in the oven too.. I love summer due to I can use the outside grill.. Keeps the kitchen cooler.. (( Erin it does work))))

I usually use yellow or red potatoes and keep the skin as well. Though usually for Thanskgiving or Easter I remove the skins, but then I wouldn't be using this way to peel, lol! 

We do similar with the foil, only my husband adds onions — I'm not a huge fan of onions so he keeps them big so I can pick them out. ;) We grill a bunch during the summer as well.  

iVillage Member

when I cook red potatoes I leave the skins on. I like the added color also !

Malea

Looking to work from home ? Ask me how :

www.askmalea.com