Philadelphia Cooking Cream??

iVillage Member
Philadelphia Cooking Cream??
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 2:44pm

Has anyone tried this? I keep seeing commercials for it but I've never seen it in the store or tried it. I do love using cream cheese in recipes, but I'm really wondering what is so special about "cooking cream"? It seems like it's just a creamier, more liquid version of regular old cream cheese? Would love to know what I am missing!

Community Leader
Tue, 02-22-2011 - 7:37pm
thanks for the shopping tip!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 02-26-2011 - 1:09am
I agree! But I went into Kroger with a handful of "free" trials, and got busy talking to the clerk about rutabagas, forgot to give them to her! So I paid for the free stuff!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 02-26-2011 - 9:14pm

I understand that. If it wasn't that there are just the 2 of us we wouldn't try anything just the same stuff...lol...when the kids were home we rarely had anything that couldn't be made in a big batch cheap....

We went to get groceries Wed.. and my store had the Kraft creams 2 for $5. And since they are usually $3.49 each we are trying 3 other flavors.

But I am going to that Kraft First Taste site...Thanks for the info.

Don't get me wrong I am still kind of cheap....lol....just not as cheap as I used to be..lol

Community Leader
Sat, 02-26-2011 - 9:53pm

I just printed my coupon and it is $1.50 off of 1. That is the kind of coupons I used to get in the old days and they would triple them back then too....LOL

Here with the coupon that would make them $1.90 so if you can find them on sale it would even be better...

Community Leader
Sat, 02-26-2011 - 9:54pm

If you see me there I am greatgrandmaof2.....

Community Leader
Sun, 02-27-2011 - 6:09pm

There are very few things that I really don't like...one is apple cider hot or otherwise another is Parmesan cheese. So when I tried the second flavor of the Kraft cooking cream I thought Italian cheese and herbs meant cream cheese with Italian herbs....no....it meant Parmasan cheese....the smell of the cheese gags me..but if all fairness.....I had to try it....

So I browned a little lean ground beef and onions in a pan, steamed a small butternut squash, carrots, celery and at the end I threw in what was left of a sack of frozen peas. I did this just tender crisp. Then I sauteed them till there was a little color on the carrots. Added the gr beef and 2 big dollups of the Italian cheese and Herb cream..... I didn't say anything but asked my DH what he thought....he said he didn't know that squash and carrots would taste so good together......no what about the sause.....he said he liked it....it was different than what I usually made.....then he said different good........lol

But I have to say, he will get more of it but I just can't do it again.....I did try it and got it down but I am crossing that flavor off my list......

So that is a thumbs up for the Savory Garlic and a thumbs down for the Italian Cheese and Herb.

Next I will use the Santa Fe.......I didn't buy the original because

Community Leader
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 1:56am

OMG, how funny!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:11pm

I just bookmarked that site. Everytime they talk about cheese on tv I have to try and remember if it is a good cheese or a not so good one....

Something even funnier...I never would have touched blue cheese not after smelling it....but last summer Wendy's had salads one was an apple, grilled chicken it had nuts and spring type lettuces but it also had crumbles of blue cheese. Not a lot but when you ate it

Community Leader
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 8:15pm
bleu cheese...yummm!!!! I love stinky cheese!
Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 03-05-2011 - 5:56pm

Santa Fe gets a thumbs up......These are really good to just change something quick without fussing...

I had a pork steak I browned, put in 8oz can of tomato sause 2 cans of water some orzo....let it thicken up and put in the Santa Fe cream I had also put in a few drops of hot sause.....this was really good......both of use liked it....