Prep

iVillage Member
Prep
Tue, 12-14-2010 - 9:48am

First, I love this board! Its helped me a lot.

Now, a couple of questions. If we plan to eat at 1pm on a Sunday, just how early can I peel, cut and put my taters in water for cooking? Christmas weekend is going to be so busy, I want to do as much as I can before hand. I have to cook 5 pounds of taters, so I dont want to be peelling the entire morning on that Sunday. Thanks!

Also, I plan on making my rolls ahead of time, and just freezing them to keep them as fresh as possible. So I will freeze, then thaw and then reheat them a bit. Will that plan work? And when I first bake them, I always brush them with butter. Is it ok to do that AGAIN, when I reheat them? or will I get wierd results?

I am also doing a big can of green beans. I am looking to free stove top space. I normally put them in a pot, with a couple of bacon strips to cook. Is it possible to do that in the crock pot, or will the bacon not cook enough with out over cooking the beans?

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

Community Leader
In reply to: momtodylan2006
Tue, 12-14-2010 - 11:42pm

This board is great because we have members like YOU!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: momtodylan2006
Wed, 12-15-2010 - 8:41am
LOL, I can use frozen. When I make them for our regular meals, they are frozen. I dont care for the texture of canned, but I know some prefer it.
Sorry about confusing you on the rolls. I was just looking for "yes they will be ok brushed with more butter." So thank you. I just didnt want them to be oddly soggy.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit