A review of Ramen!

Community Leader
A review of Ramen!
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 8:39pm

Misty, I thought immediately of YOU!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 10:25pm

I keep them in my desk drawer at work, emergency food!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 8:54pm

When I was in college, a woman who was going to the same classes I had: her husband was involved in the production of Ramen noodles,

Parties & Entertaining Frugal Living Apriil Commmunity Leader of the
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 2:43pm
Very interesting! I'll have to shor it to DH. When we were in Hawaii they told me I HAD to try some there, the REAL thing. Well, they were rubbery and totally tasteles!! I couldn't eat it...lol. I'm used to the ones here with a lot of sodium and then I add shoyu...lol. Yup, more salt. At this point though, ramen is out for me. The girls like it once in a whle, but DH still eats it as often as he can. He likes it with spam cut up, fried in it sometimes, and then when he's REALLY hungry, he'll add a couple eggs to the noodles while they're cooking. Surpisingly, it's pretty good.

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 4:23pm
We finally stopped eating them due to DH's corn allergy. As unhealthy as they are, we'd still use them as a base and add an egg and scallions, or lot of veggies, to dress them up a bit. My son love it when he's sick with a cold too. They definitely don't go with this "real foods" diet though! ;)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 4:04pm
Interesting. There is only one that I see that is readily available in the local supermarkets and dd loves it.

2. Indonesia: Indomie Mi Goreng Rasa Ayam Panggang, BBQ Chicken Flavor

Since it is number 2 on the list that is good. Lol. Unfortunately we no longer have an Asian ingredients store here, or I would offer to taste test a few. Lol. There is one made in new Zealand by Trident called hot and spicy that I keep in the pantry for fast emergency lunches in winter. Don't have it often. Sometimes I actually just use the different flavour sachets and boiled water, no noodles. The fur baby loves that as I get the flavour and then cook the noodles for him. Lol
SEASONAL COOKING
Community Leader
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 3:22pm

Photobucket

Very interesting.

Photobucket