Roll call here

Community Leader
Roll call here
Wed, 09-04-2013 - 11:31pm

Let us know who is here and  what is happening in your area

I am doing  peaches at this time  of the season and soon the apples will be upon us

I love  all the produce I get from our gardens plus trees.. We sure  have plenty of stuff

The weather wasn't to hot this year so summer was very short..

So do you can  your produce    do you go to farmer's markets for your  goodies..
I  have bought some sugar cubes  which are small cantaloupes

Any  one  get any new things from their gardens..

This year has  been quick...

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-08-2013 - 12:28pm
Here I am :) I'm not here often, but I'm still kicking. It's turned cold here. No snow year, but hard freezes. We got a little lettuce this year and a ton of carrots. I need to get some chopped and in the freezer. The potatoes didn't do well, froze too many times I think. I got a log of tiny ones, not sure what to do with them.

~Misty~

Community Leader
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 9:14pm

Oh yes, when I do go to Africa I will take more pictures and figure out how to share them.  I will take a laptop with me when I go, but don't know what sites or places I can access.  I think I can still post on ivillage while I am there.  Some things don't work, and some do.  I will either have to get my africa phone back or buy a new one as Abass has given it to his younger brother but said he will get it back for me when I am there.  Well anyways.......I'll keep you posted in the meantime.  Lots of time till I go.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 9:10pm

No snow yet.  Getting mighty chilly though.  22 degrees F. when I got up this morning.  My trip to Africa is postponed until the new year as my mom wants me here for my birthday and the holidays.  Well, I guess she has a point there.  That will also give me time to save more money and squirrel it away.

I'm getting mighty hungry now.  son John has decided to cook dinner tonight.  Ok by me!!!  I am still learning my new computer with the apps and all that.  Onions are cooking and my eyes are burning. hahahahaha
Guess I'll go for now and maybe read or find something else to do. Ive been playing around all day on my computer.
Talk later..........

Photobucket

Community Leader
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 9:07pm

I dread the cold and snow  the white stuff is tough on the back when one is shoveling it.. My hubby is one who  seems to enjoy watching a women work with the shovel...
I  think in time I will find another area to avoid the snow... Snow is pretty but  hard work on the system..

Right now I am doing  apples    and  spagh squash  is plentiful

Concord grapes are  looking nice  at this time   but  I haven't done anything with those yet..
Pears are  also another thing I have...  Garden is almost  done but  carrots and parnips are in that haven't been dug..   Green tomatoes..

Tomatoes are also  nice now..   Its Fall temps..

* this part time job I got is taking   up a lot of my  walkign time  so I don't get out as much as I would like to  walk...

over and out   I am glad you got a new  pc

<
Community Leader
Fri, 09-20-2013 - 9:03pm

Yes  send some Pictures of Africa  if you can..

I dread the snow and cold  that is around our corner here

<
Community Leader
Thu, 09-12-2013 - 8:08pm

My niece in Kotzebue has had snow already, Linda!  Glad you have SOME good harvest.  Are you taking the desk top PC to Africa too?  We want to hear from you and see pictures!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 09-10-2013 - 9:05pm

Hello this will have to be quick as I have to get ready to go to karate.  There are some veggie stands around but soon they will be gone as it's getting cold.  I finally have been able to get here since I got my new desktop computer.  Been a long time.  I still have my garden to harvest.  It did not do as well as I wanted it to, but I have loads of potatoes and broccoli etc.  
It has been raining here for several days and I'm afraid that when it stops it is going to freeze.  I'm not ready for winter, but on the bright side in a few weeks or less i'll be heading back over to Africa for awhile.  Have to go for now.  wish me luck that next time I log on to here I don't have any friggin' problems.
bye bye. 

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sat, 09-07-2013 - 1:52pm

My computer has been in the shop and I can't get here on my iPad, but I'm back in business now!  We have no shortage of heat here in Mississippi, but signs of fall are arriving early.  Our peaches are past peak of the season.  I'm heading to the grocery store in a bit to see what is fresh and pretty.  I had a wooly worm on the patio this week, and my crepes are giving up early.  I am predicting a long, harsh winter!  

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 09-04-2013 - 11:33pm
I am from NY I have 3 gardens and plenty of fruit trees and berry bushes * concord grapes are also on our property.. With all this farm land we own we have plenty of fruit and berries here I try to make all kinds of things with what I find on my hikes or walks.. I have also made some dandelion jelly and other things from my find.. froze a lot of things this year..
<