Sad news today!

Community Leader
Sad news today!
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 9:21pm

I heard today that my first restaurant is being demolished this week.  It makes me teary-eyed.  I bought it in 1982, it was over 40 years old then.  The building was not in great shape, so I only bought the fixtures and leased the building.  The building has been empty since the mid-90's, but my sign was still over it (40 feet over it).  I'm not surprised it is being demolished; I just have many fond memories of what happened inside those walls; so many funny stories of customers, cooks, wait staff, dishwashers, and delivery people.  It is sad.  But I'm sure the building has outlived it's usefulness.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-31-2013 - 1:59am

Roni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I remember when you opened that!!!  Also remember yoiu asking for ideas for a name.  Awe the memories!  Things sure have changed here.  I sure have missed everyone! Have to find my way around now!  Sher

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Community Leader
Sat, 08-10-2013 - 6:38pm

Too late for that.  It was in demolition when I heard, and it is 300 miles from here!  OH WELL, I DO have memories!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 3:46pm
Kroni Sorry to hear of this news of yours.. Is there anyway you can get the sign it would be a great thing.. I hope you have plenty of pictures of the time you spent there... Are home yet from your trip...
<
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-01-2013 - 3:36pm

That is so sad Frown  Is there any way that you can salvage the sign before it's demolished?

I worked in a family steakhouse for close to 4 years in college, and had many fond memories of working there.  It was one that had been around for 20 years or more when I worked there, so it had a lot of history in the community.   It burnt down about 5 years after I moved to another state.  Although they rebuilt, it was never the same.  I miss the chance to be able to go back to the place that played an important role in my 20s.  

Administrator
Thu, 08-01-2013 - 10:13am

Aw, I'm sorry. That is sad. Make sure to take some photos to keep before it happens.

Erin
Community Technical Assistant | Community Moderator
iVillage.com