Sorry I've been away, disasters happen

Community Leader
Sorry I've been away, disasters happen
Fri, 03-15-2013 - 8:16pm

My week has been gruesome.  My purse was stolen Monday, out of my office by a stranger who came in asking to apply for a job.  So I've been on a marathon run of getting things shut down, accounts changed, ordering new phone equipment, etc., etc.... It's been a real pain, and it is not over yet.  

I did not realize the dude had skated with my purse until Kroger 123 Rewards Visa called me on my work phone.  OMG, US Bank (card issuer) is GOOD.  They caught on RIGHT AWAY to the fact that I have NEVER bought $75 gas, and NEVER bought ANYTHING in zip code 38118.  Bank took a little longer, but they got it too.  And I have Lifelock.  But still, even though I've avoided most of the collateral damage, the time consuming issues of having to go to Memphis to the justice center for reports and replacing everything I need in my purse (meds, car keys, phone...chap stick Laughing) has been horrible.  And I had a key fob that operated my security alarm.  The thief had my address.  I got that fob disabled and so far my cars are all still here.

Have you ever had this problem?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 12:26pm

I have a different problem but it is as frustrating, My Fidelity inherited IRA had the wrong SS# for me, I was floored when I discovered this especially this close to tax time.Surprised

I compained about it and said I know know how easy someone can lose thier identity.  I told them that if this causes me any problems, I will move my money,  Yell

Parties & Entertaining Frugal Living Apriil Commmunity Leader of the
Community Leader
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 7:36pm

LOL, everything that can go wrong, will.  Still no bank card, and I had to call and ask AGAIN for my new checking account to be added to Online Bill Pay.  AT&T miskeyed a number and shut off my data plan, messaging, voice mail, and several other options.  I just got off the phone with them.  I still have to go to Sam's Club and plead my case.  Still no word on where my cards were USED, so still no surveillance video for the police.  

It's my life...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 12:15pm
I'm glad you are getting it all back in order. That is a nightmare, for sure! Is there any word on if they will be able to find the guy?

~Misty~

Community Leader
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 9:18pm

things are coming back together.  I got back online banking today, most of my new reissued cards are here, but I still need another day off work to get some stuff taken care of.  thanks for all the support; this just really sucks.  

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 8:44pm

I have several credit cards, but change them month to month and only carry one plus my ATM debit card.  I also hate to carry a purse,  but usually wear something with pockets, preferably inside pockets.  I have made some vests with pockets on the outside as well as the inside so I can carry my cash that way because I truely hate to carry a purse.
Well anyways.........
Have a good evening.......

Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 4:39pm
Sorry to hear this Kroni, Hopefully all is ok in the end for you.. NO I have never had this issue and hope I never do...
<
Community Leader
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 10:43pm

Today I recalled another credit card that was in the stolen purse.  I got in touch with them and it has not been used.  I got the 2 main credit cards (new ones) in the mail Saturday, and I hope this other one gets here before I go on vacation in two weeks.  

I'm learning to carry less on me, try to wean away from the purse and stick to taking only what I need in my pockets.  I've been called a "dyke" for that but often it makes sense not to be carrying a purse.  Last night I went to the Elton John concert in downtown Memphis and I stuffed some cash, my driver's license, and a chap stick into the pocket of my jeans.  My sunglasses came home on top on my head, not on my face where they started out.  Everything was fine like that.  Usually I take my insurance card when I'm in pocket mode, just in case, but I don't have one back yet.  Frown

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 9:16am

Karen, that is awful.   What a terrible inconvenience.   I hope you are done with the worst of it.   Scumbag thieves. 

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg