Started having an affair

Community Leader
Started having an affair
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 2:09pm

With coffee! I've never been a coffee drinker much, even though I was known for the fab-o joe at my restaurants.  I was a connoisseur of fine tea. Until last fall, when I gave up tea for TAP WATER.  I love water, and living on top of the world's largest aquifer makes water pretty wonderful.  There is not much that can top the flavor of artesian well water here...Does water have a flavor?  In my opinion, FRESH should be the flavor of water.  I've lived in some places with some pretty bad water.  http://memphis.about.com/od/historyandfacts/f/memphiswater.htm

But a few weeks ago my BF Don met me for coffee before work, twice.  And I think he led me down the road to addiction, I've been stopping for coffee quit often now.  

I brew mine in a percolator, campfire variety.  I gave my Mr. Coffee to my brother (there is another one in the attic somewhere).  I like my percolator.  I think I will be giving it a workout in days to come.  

I take mine black or with a touch of sweetener.  BF takes his like a milk shake (6 cream and 6 Splenda in a McDonald's large coffee???  Really???)  How do you take yours?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 1:19pm
I also love good water, which thankfully we have. As for coffe, I have cut down to 1 cup in the morning, and if we are out for dinner a cup after dinner, but if we eat at home, which is most of the time, I just have water.
Community Leader
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:13pm
I remember him !!!
<
Community Leader
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 7:54pm

Galloping Gourmet was another of my favorites when I was growing up too.  But when I started watching him, he shot most of the shows drunk, and it was hilarious.  By the time you started watching him, he had been in rehab and was cooking with alcohol free wine.  His wife produced his shows, that is why he was not fired for coming on set drunk.  She would have been firing her own paycheck.  But he sure was funny!  

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 4:18pm

Well I don't much like the taste of coffee by itself, but during the summer I have mocha lattes cold.  Only if someone else will buy it for me as I'm to darn cheap to pay that myself.  At home I make a iced hazelnut coffee drink that is out of this world, but I don't make it too strong.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 2:55pm
Oh my gosh, the Galloping Gourmet!! I watched that and Julia as a kid, loved it!

I've been drinking coffee since my freshman year in HS, had to get up at 5 m or something like that, because it was an hour's bus ride. I took it black back then.

Now I drink one or two cups with just a splash of non dairy creamer. Used milk or half and half until I started on meds that I can't take with any dairy in the AM. I used to drink it with Coffee Mate, but don't need to extra sugar, and I hate the taste of the sugar free ones.

~Misty~

Community Leader
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 7:40pm
I take mine black and when I am sick of drinking it black I had a little flavored diet sweetner.. I always try for 2 cups a day.. if not I get a headache without it...
<
Community Leader
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 7:12pm

I can't justify Starbucks' price.  My daughter calls it Fourbucks. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 11:28am
I make mine in a mr coffee. I have 2 big ol cups i use. So in those, I do 2 tsp of stevia and 2 tbs (or so) of fat free half half.
From McDs I do 2 splenda and one cream.

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 4:34pm
I've been a coffee addict since I was 14. It was the summer between 8th and 9th grade and I was babysitting my cousins for the summer. I started having insomnia and couldn't fall asleep until 3-4am and my aunt brought my cousins over a little before 7am. I needed something to be able to function, and my parents were already coffee drinkers, so I went down that path. I've gone to both extremes, from taking my coffee black to a little coffee with my cream and sugar. Right now I put about 2 creams and 3 sugars in it.
Photobucket