Suggestions?

iVillage Member
Suggestions?
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 1:57pm

Ok, so if someone could help me out a little, I would appreciate it. I made this pizza the other day from this website: http://christines-cuisine.blogspot.com/2011/04/frozen-pizza.html. I made it all up, and froze it. I ended up using one the other day and followed the directions at the bottom of that page for cooking. Expect that I didnt have a pizza stone, but honestly I dont think that mattered much. Anyway, I was NOT happy with how it baked. The edges were done looooong before the middle. So I took it out and tried covering the edges with foil and baking it more. But th bottom was too done while the top wasnt done enough. So after reading the instructions on the site, does anyone have a better baking temp and time? It didnt seem right to bake it at such a high temp. If you buy a frozen pizza, its cooked at like 400 or 425. Any help? Thank you

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 9:36pm
Hi there I just checked out the recipe. I make my dough in the bread machine, but it is not all that different. I don't use a pizza stone either. I cook mine on 400F not 500. Not sure what went wrong. With it being frozen I would have sprinkled the tray with cornmeal to get rid of any excess moisture but I can't see that you did anything to make it turn out like that.If you used a disposable foil pan that is probably the only thing I would change as I don't think they heat up and hold their heat well enough. I keep meaning to buy one of those bakers secret ones with holes in the bottom but for now I make do with just a metal tray. Sorry I am no real help. I do freeze my pizza dough...well not my recipe but one my partner cl gave me with herbs in it. Great on the bbq too. Let me know if you would like it. Maybe someone else has some answers for you.
SEASONAL COOKING
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-26-2011 - 9:23am
I used the breadmachine too. I dont trust myself to do it right otherwise, lol. I do think the temp was the problem. That high temp is fine if the dough is fresh, not frozen. I took it out of the diposable aluminum pan and placed it on a round cookie sheet.
I just think that baking a frozen pizza at 500 wont work. Well, for me it didnt work, lol.
Thank you for your reply.

Visit

Community Leader
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 2:33pm

I myself

<
Community Leader
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 8:08pm

I agree that the temp is too high.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 8:16pm

This also caught my attention in the recipe:

"One of the secrets to this recipe is that the dough is really super sticky and wet – you basically pour it into the foil tin and spread it out.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 8:02am
Great, thanks. I do have a trusty dough recipe. I love it. So I will go with that then. Thanks everyone. I dont have much space but can manage 2 at a time in there. I think I will toss that recipe, lol!

Visit