Turkey Stock

iVillage Member
Turkey Stock
Mon, 01-20-2014 - 10:03am

I have 10 cups of turkey stock in my freezer from when I made soup, I just couldn't bring myself to throw it away and figured I'd find a use for it.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-21-2014 - 12:41am

I don't find turkey stock to taste much different from chicken stock.  Use it for whatever you use chicken stock for.  Use in any kind of soup recipe, in place of water.  Use in place of water for any chicken or pork recipe you cook--arroz con pollo, pibil, stew, coq a vin, Sunday red gravy, paella, gumbo, dirty rice, red beans and rice, black beans and rice...  If you have the 10 cu in one big container, begin melting in the microwave, and pour off into 2 cup containers as it melts.  It's easier to use smaller amounts.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-23-2014 - 9:42am
Thanks for the suggestions! I actually froze it in 2 cup portions in freezer bags so I'm good there.

Community Leader
Thu, 01-23-2014 - 5:18pm

Good for you.  Freeze it to save it while you figure out what to do with it.  Yes. use it in a soup or a stew.  If you want more flavor then add a touch of chicken/turkey base and some herbs.
Experimenting is in order I say.
Hugs....... 

Photobucket

Community Leader
In reply to: wren53
Fri, 01-24-2014 - 7:34am
I agree turkey and chicken is similar... When I make turkey stock with turkey remains I use some of the turkey or poultry seasonings in it.. I love making broths all type.. I love adding it to potatoes.. All are great ideas.. I also freeze it to use it later..
<