We need an editor...

Community Leader
We need an editor...
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 4:55pm

OK, the FUBARS in our iVillage recipe file are killing me.  But this is the best yet.  Check out the first ingredient.

http://www.ivillage.com/cardamom-coffee-can-cake/3-r-396408

I have found enough of them with an ingredient missing, or an ingredient in the directions that was not in the ingredients list.  As well as your typical spell checker funnies.  Do you find many?  I'm a real hawkeye on this stuff, I have a masters in English and was a newspaper reporter until I got tired of starving and living in poverty.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 3:49pm

Daisy had a great one over on Q&E a few years ago,   It was back when we couldn't edit titles.  Her recipe was for Roasted Duck.   But she didn't type Duck.   And no, there wasn't an F for the D.   There was an i for the u. 

Community Leader
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 6:47pm

LOL, It was a SCOTTISH recipe!  Dicks are quite popular baked goods in Scotland...you got your groaty dick, your spotted dick...and none of them have a duck in them!  I made some real zingers on the title bars too, though!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 2:30pm

Me too.   I posted a great recipe for a Crap Dip appetizer.   Amazingly enough, it included crab instead of crap.