what are you cooking for Labor Day?

Community Leader
what are you cooking for Labor Day?
Thu, 09-01-2011 - 10:12pm

I studied my grocery flyer for an hour today.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-02-2011 - 10:59pm
I got ome t bone steak on sale for a good price today, so we'll probably bbq that at some point this weekend. I also got corn on the cob (both DD's fight over them!!) 3 for 98 cents!!!! A month ago, you'd be lucky to get them two for a dollar.

~Misty~

Community Leader
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 12:32am

My Kroger has some great specials.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 7:02pm
I am not cooking anything special its just another day in this house.
* dd and I are dieting and that means strict eating
and dh and son is the ones who will get what I make and that could be
leftovers if I make something tomorrow also.. today special was
Pork potato parnips onion and carrots in mushroom brown gravy from
the brown pork I fixed...
<
Community Leader
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 10:55am

My beans are on the stove.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 10:42pm
Yesterday DH bbq'd t-bone steaks and I made corn on the cob and macaroni salad, the only salad DH will eat. DD3 likes it also, but it makes DD6 want to ralf..but the corn on the cob was a success! You should see two little girls itih a face full of corn and butter dripping off their chins...and enjoying it SO much. LOVE that.

That is how I buy corn Karen! I'm actually very proud that I'm doing it right...lol. It's how my mom always did it, so I just figured I'd do it that way also. It was really sweet corn too, both DD's had it left over tonight while DH and i had burgers on the grill with the left over macaroni salad.

Karen, I LOVE garden rotini pasta salad!! DD3 does too. How do you do yours? I mix the rotini, cooked cubed chicken with red pepper on it, sliced olives and cheese, salt and pepper, and LOTS of Italian dressing.

I love potato salad too, but DH doesn't, not sure if DD3 would eat it...but I always use red potatoes, so it's something I have to plan for. I also put dill pickles in mine, onion, boiled eggs, and mayo.

Not sure what we're having tomorrow....it might be a left over day!

~Misty~

Community Leader
Mon, 09-05-2011 - 10:49am

I do my garden rotini the same way, Italian dressing and lots of diced veggies, olives, cheese and pepperoni.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 09-05-2011 - 5:37pm
A wet one here so no picnic outside and Dh is working today.. We all will be eating what we can find.. I made 2 dishes and that will be our supper...
Have a Great Labor Day, that is if its not wet..

I to love farmer's markets even tho I am a farmer myself...
<
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-05-2011 - 8:10pm
It was a free for all for us today. I made grilled cheese for DH and DD3, mac n cheese for DD6, and I had a toamto from my MIL with mayo and salt....might eat the rest of DD's man c cheese...lol. It's HOT here today, so less work for me. Plus, I won't get my element for my oven until next week. I have promised to make cookies to test it out!

~Misty~

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-06-2011 - 8:24am
We just did a small pork roast in the oven. It turned out really good though! And roasted potatoes!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit