What a beautiful weekend!

Community Leader
What a beautiful weekend!
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 6:04pm

Although I did nothing productive with it.  It was in the 80's and I should have made one last date with my lawn mower, but I've had a runny nose for a week and I did not want an allergy problem to escalate it into a full blown cold.  I had trouble logging on to iVillage for the past few days, getting an Error 404 message, but the problem was user incompetence (duh).  It will be colder tomorrow, and probably until next spring.  

Last night I joined friends for a trip to the new pizzaria that has opened in my old restaurant.  OH, the food is great, but the service...friendly but SLOW and inadequate.  I could offer classes there.  I was rather embarrassed about the service because I was with the family who owned the building when I had the restaurant, my landlady and landlord, and their friends.  I love that we have remained close for all of these years.  

Did you remember to set your clocks back?  I did mine Friday night, and I like the time change in the AM.  I am not looking forward to driving home from work in the dark though.  

How was your weekend? 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 11:24am

It was pretty here too,   I wish it was in the 80's.   But our high 60's was better than cold.   It's supposed to be 70 this coming Saturday.  I see my outdoor Christmas lights going up then.   I hate to be on the roof in the cold.   They come down quicker than they go up, so that's always an easy trip.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 12:19pm

It was very nice here also.  I as in town food shopping Sat, but Sunday we were outside most of the day.  It was about 70, with little wind.  That's unusual this time of year.  DH loved it, spent the day putting on our snow tires and cleaning and checking vehicles.  It makes me happy when he's happy...lol.

Karen, don't you hate to see something you were so good at below par?  I dislike reading the newspaper I edited for 12 years.  It's so....bad.  I find every mistake, and I can't help but imagine how I would have done everything different.  It's annoying!  

We set our clocks back Saturday, but it sure didn't feel like an hour later when I had to get up this morning...lol.  

~Misty~

Community Leader
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 7:52pm

Christmas lights???  EEGADS!  It is that time, isn't it?  So many off my neighbors just never take them down, LOL!  I don't do lights and I'm wondering if I even want to fool with a tree this year.  No one comes over, and I don't think my new dog will leave it alone.  In fact I'm sure he won't!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:01pm

LOL, that Monday morning shock is the reaason I change my clocks on Friday.  It gives me time to adapt!  I can't imagine having to fool with snow tires.  You are lucky to have a great DH! 

BTW, your kids' Halloween pictures were adorable!  My older granddaughter was a princess (of course), the little one was a cheerleader, and their big brother was Ash Ketchum. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 12:43pm
The icy roads and all that is the only thing I really don't like about winter. And I worry about DH driving 2 hours to and from work twice a week when the roads are bad. He turned around once when it was just too bad. I had as much fun dressing the girls up as they had! My first attempt at face painting, and I had fun just need to learn how to do more designs. Maddy was a Hawaiian princess, and she pulled it off well. Hannah was a modern pop srar dressed up as a 60's rock star, mostly because I could only find a 60's type outfit!

~Misty~

Community Leader
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 12:05am

Smileycons!    Yes it was a beautiful weekend up here as well but very cold.  We need some snow on the ground or there is going to be trouble for some soon.  If the frost gets down below where they put water pipes, then pipes will be busting all over without the snow to insulate the ground.

Photobucket