What to cook with the heat Its muggy here

Community Leader
What to cook with the heat Its muggy here
Thu, 07-04-2013 - 6:45pm

Just wondering what everyone  cooks when its so hot  out..
NO AC  and   I don't want to turn the oven on..

Do you   grill more so with all the temps up in degrees..

Do you order out  or do you go out to  eat..

I m just wondering how others  deal with the weather being so hot..

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-05-2013 - 9:26pm

I don't have AC at home in Colorado either. We definitely go out to eat more often.

I had roasted pork shoulder a while back and frozen some of it--there was too much to eat when I initially roasted it in the crock pot. Anyway, I defrosted that yesterday, and I was happy with a cold pulled pork sandwich with barbeque sauce. J ended up heating some of the meat up on the stovetop, though.

We do grill more often in the summer, too.

This week since it's been cooler in the mornings, I've thought I should maybe do some baking or cooking and then plan on just reheating some things if needed for dinner, but we haven't actually done that yet :)

Liz

Clinical Research Associate

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.

Community Leader
Fri, 07-05-2013 - 11:28pm

I live in the deep South, so I don't know what you mean by hot.  When the temp and humidity both get to about 98 here, heat index at 113, we head outdoors to the porch and cook on the grill.  I have a big fan that I run, a radio out there, and that is how we spend hot days.  I don't cook much of anything in the house in the summer.  We love the heat!  And we love the grill!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 07-11-2013 - 10:40pm
Liz I thank you for your ideas I seem to do the same as you do.. reheat in the micro and cook out side.. This humidity is tough on the breathing...
<
Community Leader
Thu, 07-11-2013 - 10:45pm
Kroni how is the breathing when its so hot down there.. I have issues when the air is humid. When I will cook late at night and reheat in the microwave or cook outside and eat in due to the bugs.. The cows do draw flies so we have to watch out for those too.. So eating outside is tough at times.. Just depends on the cows coming up near the house.. You must have a nice back yard . I am in the country with super large farm land.. Humidity is tough on the breathing.. We rent our farm out now..
<