What do you want for Mother's Day dinner?

Community Leader
What do you want for Mother's Day dinner?
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 7:15pm

Most of us will be treated to a meal out or breakfast in bed next Sunday.  What would be your dream meal, in or out?  I can't decide what I want but I'm thinking some fish would be nice.  Whether I go out or cook at home!  But I'd also settle nicely for my favorite burger, a kitchy little joint in the town triangle that I love.  Or maybe some great Memphis BBQ.  Or maybe some signature fried chicken.  Or maybe some Japanese hibachi...Mexican...or Thai.  Italian sounds good too.  

I think I'm just ready to have a nice lunch out with my family!

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 11:07pm

My daughter messaged...BAKED POTATO BAR...YAY OR NAY?  So I let her rule the day.  lotsa toppings for baked taters, and she wanted to bake the taters before church, and keep them hot in her little cooler.  (I know, that sounds wrong, but coolers keep hot as well as they keep cool).  So I said, "why not just bake the taters in your crock pot?"  She said, "Don't trust my crock!"  

Every option explored, the taters held just fine simply left in the oven (turned off before they were quite done).  And we had plenty of toppings.  I made strawberry syrup for topping angel food cake and ice cream, and Nicki whipped some cream...OH, a heavenly meal!  

It was a good mother's day.  I went to the cemetery and put new flowers on my parents' graves, my brother's grave, and on my deceased fiance's grave, in the morning. Spent most of the afternoon playing ball with my dogs, after lunch with my daughter.  

How was yours???

Photobucket
Community Leader
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 6:06pm
I am with Misty with this one.. A nice meal that I didn't have to cook myself..
<
Community Leader
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 6:50pm

I picked up some strawberries this morning for a shortcake this weekend.  Tomorrow is Mayfest on the town triangle, so I will eat one of my favorite burgers while enjoying the pet parade and live music and car show.  But it looks like I will have Sunday dinner out.  Fish it is.  

My shortcake recipe was a HUGE hit at my restaurants.  I use my home made biscuit recipe, add a cup of sugar to it, cut the biscuits, bake and split them.  Strawberries over the bottom, put the top biscuit on, more strawberries, top with ice cream and MORE strawberries and whipped cream.  Gotta get those berries mascerating tonight!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Mexican is sounding great right now.

Community Leader

My son won't acknowledge it.  Mike may, but then I tell him that I am not his mother.  LOL

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-09-2013 - 6:21am
I just want a simple dinner with my family. Spaghetti, bread, cake, ice cream and soda will do.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-08-2013 - 12:02pm
I'm with Misty, whatever I don't have to cook myself! One of my favorite dishes is chicken marsala with angel hair pasta and lots of mushrooms. It's something I don't cook very often because my dh is not fond of mushrooms. I could also go for an Asian chicken salad or some BBQ ribs. Japanese hibachi sounds good as well!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 4:15pm

I'd just be happy with a nice meal that I didn't have to cook myself!  

~Misty~