What's on your menu for Memorial Day weekend?

iVillage Member
What's on your menu for Memorial Day weekend?
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 1:49pm

I was hoping to do some grilling this weekend, but don't think that our weather is going to be a good fit for it, lots of rain forecasted.     It was so chilly and wet last night that I made spaghetti and meatballs!   If we do get a break, than I'm planning on making beer brats with onions, corn on the cob and some type of dessert.

What's on your menu for the weekend?

iVillage Member

Thanks.   I'm the CL over on Q&E Cookbook.   That's good to know.  We can get a little rowdy with no supervision.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
I'm watching the boards for the time being. We'll let you know if anything changes.

Community Leader
Wed, 06-05-2013 - 11:00pm

Are you the new food CM or are you just dropping by?  We sorta need to know. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Our weather has been so goofy, we had a gorgeous warm and sunny early May, and now that it's the time of year to turn nice, we are getting lots and lots of rain. It's totally backwards! It's supposed to be back to nice and sunny for the weekend, keeping my fingers crossed! I know what you mean about the cantaloupe. I bought a seedless watermelon on sale, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be ripe but it was decent.

Community Leader
Tue, 05-28-2013 - 11:36am

Whew!  Where are you, Melissa?  I'm in NW Mississippi and it was sunny and warm here.  We went to the Sunset Syphony Saturday night.  That is a huge picnic on the banks of the Mississippi River with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra playing and fireworks.  Sunday was all about my granddaughter's birthday (she turned 4) so we spent the afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese Cry.  Monday I got my flag remounted on the front of the house, and cooked country style pork ribs on the grill with fresh picked corn on the cob.  Whipped up a little potato salad and slaw, and sat on the patio.  

Fresh canteloupes were piled high in the store, but I did not buy one.  They don't smell ripe yet.  When they are ripe, they SMELL like canteloupe.  

Photobucket