Who has stared holiday shopping?

Community Leader
Who has stared holiday shopping?
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 2:17pm

I had this insane idea about getting my grandkids' gifts before Halloween, but in 90 degree heat Halloween suddenly slammed into me just like Thanksgiving is about to do.  It's mid-seventies today, a gorgeous day, and I'm headed off to Sam's Club with my daughter to add her to my membership.  She's about to make up about 40 dozen cinnamon rolls for the freezer, to auction to raise money for a very sick child whose medical bills are burying the family.  She's using Pioneer Woman's recipe http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/

But as for holiday shopping, I'll probably do it like I have done it for several years...online.  I have only done the Black Friday thing once, with my MIL, and swore NEVER AGAIN.  This year, most of the stores have announced that they will start Black Friday as early as 11 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day.  That is just nuts. 

I'm not so much into the gift-giving thing, to me that is not what it is about.  It's about having the family gathered around the table for the meal. 

My grandson is into Legos.  Here's what he's NOT getting http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188.  A $400 Lego kit?  REALLY??? 

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 2:27pm
The meals in this house are plentiful.. Family of 4 and I give plenty of pies away. Holidays in this household are wonderful I have a close knit family who love the cook.. I love to bake and I think my food gifts are wonderful.. I have experimented on some Thanksgiving pies to which all came out great.. I am thankful to be able to make a great crust.. The temperature here is 43 and its a fall day today.. I do miss the warmth due to I am a active person who walks, rides bike, walk with poles is the new thing for me.
<
Community Leader
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 7:29pm

Nicki got orders for 175 pans of cinnamon rolls for her fund raiser!  That will raise about $1100 to donate to the family with the sick baby!  She had to cut the orders off for this round, for lack of facilities, but she's definitely going to do it again  for Christmas!  Her cinnamon rolls are legendary here. 

I ordered Claire (6) a set of Laura Ingalls' "Little House" books.  She reads at a 5th grade level.  For Aaron (8) I'm getting a microscope.  Not sure about Hannah yet.  I had a great idea for Nicki today and forgot to write it down.  My brother and nephew will get Walmart cards, so they can pick what they need/want.  They are broke and appreciate the Walmart cards. 

On my wish list is repairing my limping computer.  I'll do that right after T-Day.  I buy myself a gift, Nicki gets me a sweater, and that's usually the end of it.  Maybe I'll upgrade my phone this year. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 2:38pm

If you're looking to start your Christmas shopping early I suggest a one-of-a-kind gift - a Saved For Santa cookie cover!! Only $2.99 each with free shipping!! Keep the special cookies your kids made just for Santa safe from being eaten before Christmas Eve!! www.savedforsanta.com

Pages