Who has stared holiday shopping?

Community Leader
Who has stared holiday shopping?
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 2:17pm

I had this insane idea about getting my grandkids' gifts before Halloween, but in 90 degree heat Halloween suddenly slammed into me just like Thanksgiving is about to do.  It's mid-seventies today, a gorgeous day, and I'm headed off to Sam's Club with my daughter to add her to my membership.  She's about to make up about 40 dozen cinnamon rolls for the freezer, to auction to raise money for a very sick child whose medical bills are burying the family.  She's using Pioneer Woman's recipe http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/

But as for holiday shopping, I'll probably do it like I have done it for several years...online.  I have only done the Black Friday thing once, with my MIL, and swore NEVER AGAIN.  This year, most of the stores have announced that they will start Black Friday as early as 11 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day.  That is just nuts. 

I'm not so much into the gift-giving thing, to me that is not what it is about.  It's about having the family gathered around the table for the meal. 

My grandson is into Legos.  Here's what he's NOT getting http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188.  A $400 Lego kit?  REALLY??? 

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 6:26pm
I'm really at a loss this year. We tend to get the girl a lot of little things, and they don't end up playing with anything much. So, I think this year they'll each get just a couple things, but bigger gifts that we know they'll get a lot of use out of. Not sure what we'll do with our other family, we're on a very tight budget, so I'll have to get creative. I just can't get into the spirit this year, for Christmas definitely, or even Thanksgiving. Normally I'm already planning the meal as soon as November hits. This year I just think of all the work, and don't want to bother. I suggested TV dinners, and I don't think DH liked that idea much!

~Misty~

Community Leader
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 6:10pm

At least you know what you are doing, so YES, that counts!  I told DD yesterday to gst my list together.  My grands are so spoiled, they have 3 of everything, it's hard to find something to surprise them! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 3:37pm

My son would be in Star Wars/Lego nirvana with that set.  He'd love it. 

I have bought nothing.   But I have lists as to what I plan to buy.   Does that count?

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages