Would You Eat 165' in the Air?

Administrator
Would You Eat 165' in the Air?
Fri, 02-28-2014 - 3:36pm

Dinner in the Sky offers a unique experience: enjoy your meal — breakfast, lunch, dinner — at approx 165' in the air.

Is this something you could do? What about as a chef — could you prepare a meal up in the air?

Personally, I am not one for heights, so this wouldn't even be on my radar, lol. I do have a few risk-taker friends who would be really into this. I guess it really be a unique experience. But... I'd probably drop my fork the minute we started eating. ;)

Erin
Community Technical Assistant | Community Moderator
iVillage.com

Community Leader
Fri, 02-28-2014 - 4:36pm

Nope. Okay, maybe, if it was for only 15 minutes for a snack or beverage then back onto the ground. But I would not want to be stuck up there for hours. The website FAQs say that if you need to use the restroom they will lower the platform but the specs show there being a WC on board (maybe that is just for the staff). Strapped into the chair, feet dangling, it sounds like being on a ride at SixFlags that gets stuck in the middle so they serve you a gourmet dinner to keep you happy while you wait for rescue.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-28-2014 - 4:57pm

165'?   Piffle.  How about eating 1,353' in the air?  Only here, you don't need safety harnesses while you eat, and if you need to go to the bathroom, you can WALK to a perfectly functional one. 

The Ledge is the newest innovation to the Willis(Sears) Tower Skydeck.  You can step outside the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. At 1,353 feet in the air, the Ledge’s glass boxes extend out 4.3 feet from the Skydeck.

And now, you can DINE on the Ledge.  Breakfast, pizza, or dinner, before and after the Ledge closes to the public. http://theskydeck.com/private-events/dining-on-the-ledge/

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-03-2014 - 11:41am

Very entertaining to look at but not something I would ever do.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-05-2014 - 3:03pm

sabrtooth wrote:

165'? Piffle. How about eating 1,353' in the air? Only here, you don't need safety harnesses while you eat, and if you need to go to the bathroom, you can WALK to a perfectly functional one.

The Ledge is the newest innovation to the Willis(Sears) Tower Skydeck. You can step outside the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. At 1,353 feet in the air, the Ledge’s glass boxes extend out 4.3 feet from the Skydeck.

And now, you can DINE on the Ledge. Breakfast, pizza, or dinner, before and after the Ledge closes to the public. http://theskydeck.com/private-events/dining-on-the-ledge/

That's neat!! I wouldn't do that either. LOL

Community Leader
Mon, 03-10-2014 - 10:08pm

Bring me down a GO box, please...LOL!

Photobucket