Food Trends for 2012 - thoughts?
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 12-29-2011 - 12:52pm|
I saw this article via Twitter this morning and thought it was interesting for those of us who try to cook seasonal, local and sustainable foods. Of course, it's a UK site, so the same might not be true for us in the US.
Food for thought as trend for going local grows
Here are some of the main points...
1. THE biggest food and drink trend in 2012 will be a focus on authentic, local brands, with regional producers expected to see a boost in sales next year.
2. rising popularity of uplifting food and drink to improve people’s mood, including products to combat fatigue and boost concentration.
3. reduction in packaging to cut costs and become more environmentally friendly.
4. make, bake and grow your own.
5. foraging for mushrooms, berries and other free ingredients.
6. people investing more time and effort, but not necessarily money, into meal times to cheer themselves up.
7. a return to cookery books that have been left on the shelves as people look to get a return on their investment.
8. increase in food on the go as convenience remains a priority, although health is becoming an influential factor.
9. consumers will want everything on a budget, from healthy foods to indulgence and convenience.
10. food and drink pairing so that wines, beers, cocktails and spirits match different foods.