CP Bacon and Potato Chowder ~WW
Find a Conversation
|Sat, 09-22-2012 - 10:07am|
Savory and creamy, this Bacon and Potato Chowder Crock Pot Recipe is the perfect dinner idea for a chilly evening. Enjoy a nice sized serving for just 4 Points +.
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 4 oz Canadian-style bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup leeks, chopped, white part only
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, leek, garlic, broth, barley, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and bacon; cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half; heat through, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipes are my favorite recipes to make…they are SO easy and taste SO amazingly good. And they are low in Weight Watchers Points, so it helps keep me on track to reach my weight loss goals. This fabulously yummy Canadian Bacon and Potato Chowder Slow Cooker Recipe is a perfect addition to any Weight Watcher Meal Plan. With just 4 Points per serving and tons of fiber and protein, it’s very filling, so you won’t be so hungry a few hours later. What I like to do with these crock pot recipes is separate out the individual portions and freeze them, that way, when I need a meal really fast and am too lazy to make anything, I can easily reheat one of these servings for a quick and tasty meal. This particular dish tastes really good reheated because the flavor of the bacon just oozes into the creamy broth…mmmmm!! This Potato and Bacon Stew Recipe is really so delicious that the whole family will love it — and they’ll have no idea it’s a Weight Watchers Recipe! Enjoy.