Issues with the Boards
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 10-23-2012 - 7:26pm|
I wanted to comment on some of the issues you've been posting about, particularly in the QOTD thread. I started a new thread in case there are still some people who can't read replies. If I miss anything, please let me know.
1. Font colors - look for a message on the Help Board soon for a way to post colors.
2. PPWM thread - all the messages should now be showing.
3. Have to keep logging in over and over - if anyone is still experiencing this, please let me know what browsers you've tried, and what error messages you are getting and I will report it.
4.Can't see replies - They're debugging all the issues related to Replies (can't view them / can't reply), and will deploy a fix as soon as they have one for either issue. The good news is that this will also fix these issues in Mobile.
5. Email or name already in use errors when trying to update preferences - this is next on the list to be fixed
6. Macros - The new platform doesn’t support this, so we’re building them from scratch. Copy and save all of your macro code, but note that some of that might be accounted for in the new WYSIWYG.
7. Line breaks not showing in posts - this has been reported.
8. Quick Reply not working - this has been reported.
9. Missing sigs and avatars - Some of your signatures are starting to trickle in. They're still working on reloading the rest. In the meantime, they've been asked to change that 255 character limit. This should allow you to add a new one. They're preparing to reload Avatars. Many users have had success adding a new one.
10. Can't tell what messages are new - Marking threads or posts as "new" or "read" is one of those features that have to be built back in, now that we're live. Jessica has already created a project ticket for this.
Someone mentioned receiving an email or message that stated you wouldn't notice a difference when the boards switched. I don't know where that was, but in the message that was posted to the boards by Jessica, she did say that our #1 goal has been to impact your experience on the boards as little as possible. She also said, that after we were live on our own platform, she could promise that we'll have some things that need to be reworked or added or even removed.
The best place to find out if there is a solution to your problem or to report it if it's not listed, is the Help Board. Jessica is also posting updates there every time a fix is implemented.
We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience and support. Everyone is trying their very best to get all this working as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you can bear with us for a little longer.