Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 6:35pm

Yes, this crazy place... I have the same problems with disappearing and reappearing posts.  Sometimes I think I'm going nuts.

Shelly, we sent our girls to a Christian school.  There are lots of rules but, if you want to go there, you have to follow them.  Expensive too... it was like another house payment.  But, for us, it was worth it.  One thing though, the Christian school we sent our girls to had a lot of kids going there that were expelled from the public schools, so it was not a little Bible Bubble like some people think Christian Schools are.  I think the main difference is that the Christian schools can have more rules than a public school... like dress codes (no tank tops, no t-shirts, no pants without a belt and our girls had to wear a skirt or a dress).  We also had to sign papers agreeing to attend church regularly and a few other things they thought were important.  We already went to church regularly and pretty much did all the other things too so it wasn't a problem for us.  I'm just telling you so you won't be surprised by what they want you to agree to. 

I hate busy weeks... I guess I'm getting old... I just don't think I could handle what y'all go through... lol. 

Sandy... what's up, lady?? 

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 8:15pm

It took me 350 sign ins to get here. My patience is running thin.

can't remember what I want to comment on now. Crap!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 8:18pm

Yell I'm on my iPad and it will only let me type so many words. 

ray & I married 18 years today!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 8:54pm

Oh My Missy... that is horrible. I don't see any posts disappearing and if I have to sign in - it is only once.

yikes

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MISSY AND RAY !!!

Did ya do anything ??

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 6:43am

Hmmm.... my main screen says the last post in this thread was made by Cara. I see no recent post in here from Cara. I'm sure once I post it will magically appear. This is just insane. Worst tech team ever.

I emailed Sandy yesterday and got a brief note back about not being able to log in and busy at home. Hopefully we'll see her soon.

Okay Shellly, now there is reference to moving? You haven't told us about that. I thought with all the renovating you're doing to your current house you'd be there a while.

My two cents on the school thing, not that it matters at all, and knowing that I am 100% biased because of where I work. The public schools have so many resources that private schools don't. Case in point: we got a new student last week. He is blind and only speaks Swahili. The school district found a one-on-one assistant for him, fluent in Swahili, within 48 hours.

Shelly, Waylon should have a 504 plan, (The 504 Plan is a plan developed to ensure that a child who has a disability identified under the law and is attending an elementary or secondary educational institution receives accommodations that will ensure their academic success and access to the learning environment.) which would make the bathroom pass thing go away. If he has a medical need, no one is going to take that away from him. The 5-12 grade combination does sound odd, but I am sure they find a way to make it work. How long has the the school district been doing it that way?   As for the meds, our public schools all have a Health Department nurse in them.   She keeps track of who has taken their meds, and who hasn't.   If the kid doesn't show in her office at their time, she calls for them.

know you say the kids there are awful, but all of them? Really? There isn't one nice kid there? In my experience mean kids are everywhere and nice kids are everywhere. If your kid is a nice kid, they will find the other nice kids. But, I am not walking in your shoes and I get that. I just wouldn't rule out the free option with better resources based on rumors before I looked at it myself.

Dress code? You think only private schools have strict dress codes, Daisy? Check out DD's school.
No jeans, shorts are okay, but they must be below knee length for boys and girls
Pants/shorts cannot have any pattern, must be solid
Shirts must have a collar and be tucked in at all times
No emblems on shirts that are larger than a credit card- that means no school logos, like UK here
Nothing with a hood
Nothing with a zipper that zip all the way down: only Henley type zippers (fleece pull-overs are okay)
No coats in the building so no North Face jackets
No open toed shoes, shoes with no backs, sandals, etc.

DD pretty much lives in khakis with a polo shirt, tucked in. She has 2 non-hooded sweatshirts and she wears one of them every day. And next year I will get to dress DS that strict too. Yuck.

School stuff does get crazy. I am ready for summer vacation and not worrying about that stuff for a while.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 7:12am

Good Morning ladies!

Happy anniversary Missy and Ray!!! did you do anything special?

Tracy- wow strict dress code for DD! sounds like it would be easier to just wear a uniform! its going to be weird having a kid eventually in school wearing regular clothes!

Okay I need to go and make coffee.. but I better post this in case ivillage decides to log me out...

Have a great day everyone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 7:12am

Good Morning ladies!

Happy anniversary Missy and Ray!!! did you do anything special?

Tracy- wow strict dress code for DD! sounds like it would be easier to just wear a uniform! its going to be weird having a kid eventually in school wearing regular clothes!

Okay I need to go and make coffee.. but I better post this in case ivillage decides to log me out...

Have a great day everyone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 7:55am

This school is super small, and I know that it isn't a "bubble" but it is an option we are looking into.  I will know more after meeting with them Thursday.

As for moving, it won't be anytime soon. We know we need a bigger house, this one is just too cramped for all 4 of us.  P has over 300 acres with free gas, so once we make a decisionetc, wewill be moving over there. Like I said, no time soon.

Did Sandy happen tosay how her MIL is doing?  Sure do miss her!!

Nothing planned for today. Just laundry and thats about it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 8:32am

wow.  that is a dress code.  I think we have obvious ones.  No tanks less than an inch at the shoulder (no spaghetti straps), Shorts must be fingertip length.  No holes in jeans above the knees.  No bra straps showing. 

Happy Anniversary Missy & Ray!!

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-14-2013 - 10:20am

Well holly cow it finally said I was authorized to post!  I was starting to get the feeling I had over stayed my welcome.  

Any way someone asked about my MIL - she is home and doing fine after being in the hospital because they thought she might have had a heart attack after her surgery.

My Dad is in the hospital and not doing very well.  

Work tossed be a blow on Friday.

So things are not so great on the home front BUT I can now get back on here so I guess that's a good thing right?

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

Pages