Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 6:55am

Why didn't they get much done, Shelly?   I would hate that job; home school teacher.   I'd feel pressure to cram a ton of material into a very short time span.   And with W in 3rd or 4th grade he has already surpassed my math skills.   I'd be lost.

Mel, glad you got a cow diaper.   That one is cute.   What other patterns did you get?

Guss, how did the babysitting go?   5 kids in the house makes me want to pull my hair out.  I've never heard of that show you said you all were watching, but there were several out there when my kids were little that I didn't mind because the music was good.   This is where I make a big confession that I never minded The Wiggles.   Those songs got stuck in my head for days.   And I really didn't mind most of them.   Now Barney, that one was terrible.   

Ugh, I just had a Tweet come in saying the softball team is trying to reschedule last night's game to tonight.   Jeff will die.   And I will be disappointed.   This is the last night we can see each other until I get back from the beach.   If she plays I have to go.   I am on the concession stand committee.   Others are scheduled in to work, but the 4 of us are almost always there.   I hope they can't pull that off and it's just a practice tonight.

I put this in the Tuesday supper thread, but I'll repeat a little here.   DD had her game and practice cancelled.   So the kid's dad wanted them for supper since we are getting ready to leave town.  I went ahead and made my homemade spaghetti sauce and then put it in the fridge.   Jeff and I can have that tonight with minimal food prep time for me.   I'll just have to reheat the sauce, boil the pasta and put together salads.  

I did get my packing done last night.   ALl that I can do that is.   I still have stuff to get together on Friday morning.   That's stuff like phone chargers, make-up, pillows, blankets for the car, pack the cooler for the car, etc.   We are driving 9 hours Friday then have 5 to go on Saturday.   We are going to have a super long day coming home, knocking out all 14 hours on that Saturday.   Ouch!   But at that point I will be ready to be home. 

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 7:42am

Tracy ~ Glad you got your packing almost done!  Waylon and his teacher, who is his teacher at school (so she worked at school all day and then came here for almost 2 hours!!) worked on his WV writes assignment that was supposed to bedone 2 weeks ago, and he just won't do it. And I don't know a way to "force" him, ya know.

Sandy ~ Yes, Scott DID NOT have his seat belt on. The whole cab of the truck was flattened, if he had had it on, he wouldn't have been able to move. He hasn't been to see Jeffrey for 2 months I would say. He calls about once a week, this week when he called, Jeffrey asked him when he was coming to see him. It was sad :( as much as I don't want to be around him, I feel bad for Jeffrey. Although P treats him and loves him, justlike his own. Jeffrey knows the difference.

Headed to town today for the YS meet.  I sold a few things,or I would cancel today. I am stuffed up, headache, runny nose. . . . I hope I'm not catching "it"!!! YUCK!!!

Tracy ~ I can't beleive thatyour EX wanted to see the kids before they left. That sounds ALMOST human out of him!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 7:47am

Good Morning ladies!

Sandy- yes thats what I did.... the chick on the phone said she would pass along the message to the driver.... I hope she does!

Tracy- I really hope you dont have to go to softball tonight :( Glad you got your packing done!

One of my co-workers is flying to England on friday! Lucky duck! her daughter lives there.... and they will be visiting scotland too!

Got 2 of the green demin, and 1 blue.... which I dont really like... but the others are nice... flowers, 2 with dalmatians,2 with soccer balls...  once I get them all washed and organised, I will take a photo and post it for you all!  that wont be for awhile though lol.

My other package just got dropped off! yay!! Purolator got it right! lol I bought 2 wet bags- to put the dirty diapers/wipes in when out and about..

https://well.ca/products/bummis-fabulous-wet-bag_55459.html

it was on sale when I bought it, I got a pink one, and a blue one!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 9:06am

Morning ladies!

Mel I am glad you complained on the driver, I would have. Hopefully he is more careful from now on....

Tracy I hope your DD doesn't end up with a game

Shelly 2 hours is a lot of time to spend after she had already had a full day of work...that was nice of her...

Sooooo I think today Evey and I are going to dye eggs. It should be fun:-) Baby B outgrew his tummy time mat so now he has a blanket on the floor with toys...he thinks he is the sh!t right now LOL...He keeps getting up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth or rolling around, he found the playstation controller cord...and then got mad when I took it. I am hoping he puts off learning to crawl for a little while, because I am pretty sure he is going to be a hellion...he doesn't like to be still...

Anyways I also need to get some laundry done today and maybe clean my room. I did a deep clean of the living room yesterday, moved the furniture and vacuumed and dusted etc. Found lots of my missing bottle pieces under the furniture, the cat plays with them when we sleep, bats them out the dish rack. I don't like that cat much sometimes...LOL

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 10:36am

Gus - won't be long now and Baby B will be on his way!

I have 2 vacation days to use yet and I'll be off Apr 4 and 5 and I'm going to Spring Clean the house.  Very exciting vacation!  lol  I have my checklist made out and ready to go!  I hope the weather is nice and I can air out the house.  It's time to get on with Spring! 

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 4:48pm

So ready for spring.   It looks like when I get back from FL the weather here is all 70's.   I can't wait to get warm and stay warm.

Yes, it was almost human of the x to want the kids for supper.   Too bad it wasn't convenient for me.   But, it's in their best interest to see him, so I didn't complain.  No game today, yay, so they are eating with him again so Jeff and I can have a date.   I won't see him for at least a week and a half.   That's the worst part about vacationing a week without him.   But, our trip is in 3 months. 

Shelly, that is super sweet of the teacher to come to your house after working all day.   Can you put W in his room, with no electronics, and forbid him to come out until his schoolwork is done?   I know it's a lot easier for us to just read what you are going through and come up with the answers.   Being there is a lot harder.   Just don't give up.  You'll find something that works.   You are in charge so don't let him take control.   Deep down they don't want to be calling the shots.

"Knee Deep" just came on Pandora.   Omen?

Guss, sorry but I can't wait to hear your stories when Baby B is mobile.   Hellion babies are way more entertaining than boring ones.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 6:28am

Heeeelllllooooo out there.....    Echoooooo....echooo....echo

Where is everyone?   I am up, exercised, showered and ready for the day.   I have to work until 3:30 (I have 30 minutes of comp time) then run home to change as soon as I can and get back to the high school to meet DD at 4:00 and start setting up the concession stand.   We are surely going to play today's softball game since we have a heat wave coming in, giving us a high of 49°.   DD wants me to be there when she gets out of school so she doesn't have to carry her 30 pound backpack, saxophone, lunch box, bag of gym clothes, and bag with softball uniform all up to the field house.   If I meet her I can drive her there and take all her school stuff and leave it in the car.  

I have no idea what concession stand start-up entails but I am a great worker and a quick study.   We'll knock it out fast.  

Then it's home to pack most of my last-minute things and get ready to head south.   I cannot wait.   The beach we have visited the past 4 years has almost no seashells.   We are lucky to find 5 in the whole week.   We are staying in northern Ft. Myers, so we're about a 15 minute drive from Sanibel Island.   Sanibel is supposedly the #1 shelling beach in the US.   I think my kids are more excited about the shelling prospects than anything.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 6:47am

I am here.  Not as bright and chipper as you Tracy but I guess that's because I am not packed and ready to head out for a trip Friday morning - sigh!  You will love the Ft. Myers area and Sanibel Island is loaded with seashells.  Trick is you need to get there early in the morning during low tide.  The Senior Troops will beat you to all the good ones if you don't.  LOL

Your 49 degrees sounds lovely.  We are looking at wet snow flurries today - yuck.  At least I have a three day weekend coming up.  Our office is closed for Good Friday.  Any one else have tomorrow off from work?

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 8:13am

Good Morning ladies!

Oh! I keep meaning to tell you, that since I switched back to sensitve toothpaste my tooth doesnt hurt anymore! yay! hope it stays that way!

Im here too!! also not as bright and chipper as you Tracy!

My work is closed tomorrow and sunday... but Im working tomorrow morning 8am till 1... helping out in admin with inventory, and putting new tags up after.... will be nice working with no customers in the store!

Has everyone finished their grocery shopping for easter? so glad Im demo lady today and saturday lol.

Have a wonderful trip Tracy!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 8:46am

Nope Mel I have not even started my food shopping for Easter.  That will be tomorrow or Saturday.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

Pages