Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-31-2013 - 8:28am

Shelly, I remember they mentioned an eating disorder clinic to you before.   It may not be a bad plan.

Gaye, I read about RooBen in the weekend plans post.   So sorry.   Glad you are there for him.

I need to go get DD up and hit the sand.   DS is up.   She thinks she is going to sleep all day, she is mistaken.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-31-2013 - 8:33am

Good Morning ladies! Not sure what time we are going over to the in laws today...

I slept in till 8:40am! yay!! ( I got up to pee just after 7am, and had some cheese, so I could sleep in lol)

Tracy- you are forgiven for not posting much! have fun in Florida!

Sandy- thats what my Mum said yesterday! LOL.

Gus- I hope Baby B slept for you last night! Mary kay sounds cool!

Have a great easter sunday ladies! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-31-2013 - 8:40am

Morning Ladies -

Tracy tell your DD she can take a nap later on the beach under an umbrella!  Get her lazy bones up and out the door! 

Gaye I read about Roo Ben also. I am also glad you are there for him.  He is a lucky guy to have someone willing to see him off and over the rainbow bridge if that is what is ahead of him.

Shelly I think a couple of us have mentioned Waylon may be trying to keep in control the one think he belives he has control over - eating.  Just another thought here - I know you remember the night he got sick that wasn't what I was getting at - I don't think any of you will forget that experience.  What I am wondering is did Waylon or had Waylon been eating a lot prior to his getting sick?  Did he have a big meal or too many snacks that day and perhaps he is afraid to eat because he doesn't want it to happen again?  Look I am no expert here but there has got to be some reason he refuses to eat.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is more than one.  Have they suggested his going away to a clinic for eating disorders again?  If not you might want to consider talking to the doctors and Dr. Larry at Pitt tomorrow to see what they might have to say on the subject.  I know it may not be what you want to do but it might be what you need to do - get my drift?  Hope your head feels better today. When do you get the drain out?

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-31-2013 - 5:34pm

We made it to the Ronald McDonald room safe and sound.  It rained on and off on us on the way up.

Sandy ~ I go back to the doctor on Thursday and get the pathology results (hopefully) and again hopfully get the tube out then. I guess it will depend on how it is healing. 

1. The night Waylon got sick - he hadn't ate much that day at all, he didn't feel well all day.  Then when he threw up, it was exactally what he had eaten, mac-n-cheese and jerky. I never gave it a thought until later, but when he threw up on the rug, it was just like itwent in, not digested at all.  
  1. I just am about to go crazy with worry!!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 4:24am

Its Monday...

Shelly I hiope your hed feels better.

And I hope somewhow Waylon starts eating =)..

Sandy glad you got to spend some time with your Dad - Thanks !

Tracy.... Take a dip for me !

Well I must get moving..

Enjoy today!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 8:00am

Good morning.  Hope you all are behaving.

It's overcast here.  I am going for a walk on the beach soon.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
In reply to: glebou
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 9:17am

April Fools' Day, y'all!  No joke.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

And prayers continue, Shelly, for you and Waylon.

Taking the two foster dogs to west Fort Worth in a bit.  Waiting for commuter traffic and school zones to go away.  Then I'm coming home and cleaning up after our Easter dinner.  Did one dishwasher load last night, but there is still more.  And a tablecloth to wash.  Picking Rowan up fromn school this afternoon. Picture of Dylan before dinner last evening.  Picture landed in a strange place.    Somebody thinks he is the Easter Bunny.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 10:07am

hello ladies.  nothing exciting happening here, just keeping busy.  saturday my BIL and niece were over most of the day and yesterday we were gone all day.  Ramping up for another busy week.  I have thurs and fri off this week to use vacation days, so I have to jam 5 days of work into 3.  I will be spring cleaning thurs and fri.  very exciting stuff!

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 8:40pm

You all remember when I posted the picture of the forsythia bush a couple years ago?  

It is in full bloom again, but it seems to be suffering from some sort of ..... dysfunction.

I

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 8:11am

That is one intersting looking bush, Cara.

Up and at 'em here.   The sun is already out and I am ready to hit the sand.    Now I just need to wake the kids up, get them fed, and apply sunscreen.   So maybe in an hour we will be ready.   Ugh.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages