Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 7:30am

Cara, there are things more painful, but there is nothing more uncomfortable than a UTI.   Misery.   Glad you went to get antibiotics. 

Sandy, so sorry you are sick too.   I hate being sick.   And on your day off too.   Too annoying.   Maybe you woke up today and realized your body made a miraculous recovery.

I was glued to the TV all day yesterday too.  Scary.

We had DD's softball game last night.   Her team got trounced, but she caught really well.   We had one runner on base all night, my girl.   She was the only one that got a hit.   And it was a really good hit.   And then she stole second.   She loves to run the bases because she loves to slide.   She has a great slide.   She hardly ever gets to run for herself because she catches.   They pull her out for a "courtesy runner" so she can go put on her gear.   She was thrilled.

Making her, as well as me, less thrilled was that a strap on her catcher's mitt broke last night in the game.  We had to make an emergency stop at Dick's last night for a new glove.  

Gloves are stupid expensive.  

We then got home and watched the news and the Reds game all night.  My lucky son was invited to go with a friend.   Lucky.

Now I have to run to get us back to the softball field.   At a minimum we have 2 softball games and one baseball game today.   It never ends.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 9:02am

Morning Ladies -

Cara ouch on the UTI.  How did you like Jersey Boys?  We loved when we saw it! 

Tracy I can't believe how big your two are getting.  They don't look like little kids any more.  Your DD has slimed down and gotten taller hasn't she.

I still feel pretty crappy but not horrific.  I am going to try and make the theatre this afternoon.  It's Sister Act and I loved that movie.  As long as I can keep my cough under control I should be ok.  Not nice to cough during a performance.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 3:27pm

Jersey Boys was a fun show - but after intermission I started to nod off! It was pretty loud, and it is not like it was boring, but I was freezing the first half, so after the break I covered up with my coat. Between the warm and dark and the wine I had with dinner (and the fact that a tall guy moved over into the seat in front of me and I couldn't see very well anymore) I got incredibly sleepy! Still, a good time.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 6:48am

Morning Ladies

Boy it sure is quite around here.  Where is everyone?

Note to Cara - when going to a performance try the early show and go to dinner after.  That way the wine won't make you sleeply.  I speak from experience - ROFL!!!

I did make it to see Sister Act yesterday and glad I did.  It was a fun lighthearted show.  Perfect after all the tuff stuff coming out of Boston and Texas.  I will say the audience was low keyed.  Usually everyone is up and dancing at the end of a lively performance.  Instead it was a very poligte standing ""o".  Not the performers fault they were excelent but you could feel everyone was burnt out.

We had dinner at home last night and then watched "Lincoln".  Great movie.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 8:50am

I'm here.  I spent all day at the ball park yesterday; 8:00- about 4:00.   I then came home and marathon cleaned.   I was dead on my feet by 10:00 and went to bed. 

Today brings a 3 hour softball practice for DD.   I will run during part of that.

I would love to see Jersey Boys.   I'ts been playing in Vegas the past few times we were there and I have commented on wanting to go.   Looks like a great show.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 10:07am

Well I made it through a one hour Zumba class this morning - yay me!  I skipped the Aqua Zumba.  A runny nose is not a nice thing in a pool.  Need to get into the shower next and then figure out what if anything a am going to tackle today.  Would love to pull ou the furniture for the back deck but it is chilly out there.

Jersey Boys is a great show Tracy.  Lot's of sing a long music.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 12:48pm

hello ladies! :)

MIL came over yesterday and helped us clean up a little bit! Oh the joys of living with a hoarder! LOL. I was able to toss out quite a bit of stuff! ( pretend to give it to MIL, and shes going to toss it for me.... shhhhhh lol)

Off again today, did some housework, and finally hemmed my other pair of work pants(I use hemming tape) Hoping to vacuum today, but that will have to wait till DH wakes up...

Cara- ouch on the UTI! hope the antibiotics kick in soon!

Sandy- hope you are feeling better soon! good job on going to zumba!

Tracy- I agree with Sandy! DD looks all grown up!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 1:17pm

good afternoon ladies.  went out to MIL's for supper last night.  marinated pork chops on the grill.  YUM!

the girls went to church and then to breakfast with my parents this morning.  I got a pineapple and canteloupe cut up, the meatballs for supper mixed and rolled up and I have a batch of homemade BBQ sauce on the stove simmering. meatballs will just be in gravy tonight and then I'm going to throw the bbq sauce in the crockpot with some ribs this week.

Been on the cool side here, but at least they're not talking about too much rain this week.  We're pretty soggy from the last 2 weeks. 

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 1:23pm

Way to go on the Zumba, Sandy. I don't know how you do it.

Ugh. I am totally in a funk because of work, and I am having a hard time pulling out of it. My principal totally dumped on me on Thursday, and now I am not sleeping.

I am hosting a choral contest at the church next to my school on Wednesday, which is not helping my stress level either. I think I have everything organized and ready to go, but I keep waking up at night and worrying about that, too. At least that will be over after Wednesday. Well, I will have bookkeeping stuff to finish up afterwards, making sure the piano tuner, the audio guy, judges, and the church all get paid, as well as submitting receipts for the judges lunch and other expenses. That shouldn't be too big a deal, though.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 1:37pm

Cara I don't know how I do it either.  I will say I dragged myself there but once I got going I was jumping around like a jack rabbit.  I really like the Sunday morning instructor.  She use to teach dance so she has good music and fun stuff.  Our warm up this morning was to a Michael Jackson medly number - fun - fun - fun.

I hate the kind of stress you are having.  You know the kind that wakes you up in the middle of the night making your mind race.  I always try to tell myself there is nothing I can do till the morning so I should sleep.  Doesn't always work.  Actually most times it doesn't work - lol!  I still try to talk myself into trying to let it go.

Pages