Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 6:32pm

That is pretty exciting news Shelly!  Glad he is a changed man!

Oh on the laundry question.  If you ever figure it out will you let me know please?

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 3:58am
That is really exciting news Shelly ! Maybe you got her and me mixed up Sandy ? Not sure what it would be.. I need $$ to fix my car- the one I drive doesn't have power steering - I drive to Maggie and she drives to work. Well I drive her truck- she sleeps =).. She has it for sale- she is gonna buy her bfs Moms Grand Am- so then her and Casey will both have Red Grand Ams.. She needs more room- Tracy good night at the ball park ? How did he do ?? Way cool on the clean up Mel ! Hope you feel better Sandy and Cara... No fun Ouch on the teething.. Dominic has been fussy lately too- he is just 5 months.. but maybe. Well I need to get- Happy Tuesday and if anything exciting happens I will let ya all know !!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 3:59am
What the heck... My posts are all running together and I don't have the option of text size ? I am on my home computer too ??

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 6:27am

Wow, Shelly, that will be huge news.   What do you think prompted the big change?   I know we don't have the whole story, but it does seem very drastic- and all for the better.  But then again, I don't know how anyone could be happier drinking a lot and being irresponsible.   The family gig is much better. 

Susan, how did John like his first day with your company?

Renee, hope M sells the truck soon.

Guss, did you get any sleep last night?   Teething almost over?   I don't miss that part of having a baby.

The ballpark was fun, as always.   But DS played terrible.   I don't know that I have ever seen him play worse.   His coach even told me they were ready to bench him.  I said do it.   He hit awful and couldn't field anything.   Oh well, he's 11.   It happens.

Meanwhile, at the softball park, the game I gave up, DD is continuing to light it up.   She was told when she made the team that she would see limited playing time and would no doubt be pretty frustrated by how little she got into the games.   But she has 6 more years of high school play and she needed to take the coaching, learn, get better, and her day would come.   She has started, and played the whole game, the past 5 games.   She plays catcher for the J.V. team.   This weekend she moved up to 3rd in the batting order.   She stayed there.   Last night she had 3 passed balls all night behind the plate (she is an amazing blocker) and went 4 for 4 at the plate.   She knocked in 3 runs on her hits.   Not bad for the youngest girl on the team.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 6:46am

Morning Ladies-

Tracy I would have to agree with you regarding your DD's ball playing - not bad - not bad at all - in fact that is pretty impressive!

Renee - sorry but as exciting as Shelly's news is there is still something BIG coming out of camp Renee soon!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 8:45am

Good Morning ladies!

so tired this morning... didnt sleep too well last night.... got a call from my dr yesterday( I was at work... so DH took the message) doc wants me to come in on friday... my next appt isnt until may 9th Hmmmm, by the time we got home yesterday they were closed... so I had all last night to worry about why they want to see me.... so I call this morning... turns out DH misunderstood what the secretary said... she wanted to know if I could come in for my ultrasound, instead of monday.... Phew.... bloody men!

Tracy- no the grill isnt in the living room anymore lol. We arent planning on painting the walls in the babies room... I think we will just get those removeable wall decals thingeys... not sure of the pattern yet... will have a better idea once we find out pink or blue!

Thats an interesting name! I like viola( I wouldnt use it, but I like it) but not the first name...

Shelly- very exciting news!!!

Sandy- no girls names picked out yet!

Gus- I hope you got some sleep last night!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 9:16am

Good morning ladiesJ

Tracy it sounds like your daughter is going to be a softball superstar!!! Sorry your DS had an off night, but we all have them.

Sandy are you feeling any better?

Mel glad you figured out what was going on, men indeed!

Well I got some sleep last night, Garrett woke up some but I just gave him his binky back and he went back to sleep. I can see the teeth trying to poke thru, just hasn’t happened yet, hopefully we are on the downward spiral. It has just been one thing after another with him lately though, ear infections, colds, teeth, etc. So yeah its tiring. He did learn to crawl though. There goes my nice peaceful life LOL.

So David got a call from a Lt. from another unit here, he is putting together a platoon to run a special forces support mission and asked David if he would volunteer. They deploy in Oct. for like 6 months, but it could be 9, so we talked about and David decided to volunteer. So they are going to work on the transfer and if it goes thru David will leave again in Oct. Fun times, it never ends. I am think about taking classes online this fall too though so yeahJ

It is snowing here today so I don’t think we will be going anywhere or doing anything…

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 9:20am

Mel, men don't listen to detail. Can't wait to hear if it's pink or blue! So exciting!

Sandy, all the heavy furniture is moved and he is taking computers, printers etc.... little by little. He was there yesterday and they haven't connected him to the internet yet. Then he locked himself out of the office with his phone, keys and lunch on the inside. Not a good first day. Oh, and I want to say I'm so glad you don't get vibes from me. I would be on pins and needles if I was Renee.

Tracy, RA's playing is impressive. No wonder she made both teams and had to make a choice. And Daniel sounds like Kelsie in soccer. Some days she amazes us and other days she acts like she never played. That's right, that's what you get at 11.

Shelly, that is BIG news! Glad he's making you so happy!

Guss, I hope last night was better.

Susan, how was John's first day?

Well, back to yard sale hell.....

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-23-2013 - 9:54am

Mel - men just don't understand sometimes!  And to make a poor girl worry all night...

Shelly - that's exciting.  I am so very happy for you.

Gus - I get G's pain.  My tooth has been bothering me and it has woke me up in the middle of the night throbbing.  We go to the dentist at the end of May.  It isn't only hot or cold foods and it doesn't happen all the time, so I started using sensitive toothpaste to see if that would help.  It seems to a little bit.  It's only on one side of my mouth, so I'm not really sure if it's sensitivity or not. 

Hard to believe we have 1 month of school left.  This year is zooming by!

John's first day went well.  He got about 20 minutes of over to mow part of the grass.  He thought we could handle that.  He was home before me and still got a full days work in.  I think he'll like it just fine! :)

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 4:29am
Sounds like John is gonna fit right in =).. Glad he switched jobs Susan ! Missy I am kinda just waiting.. Sandy could you narrow it down ??? Where oh Where is Miss Daisy hiding ? Gaye how are things in your area? The boston thing kinda pushed out the accident in Texas.. All so sad. Enjoy your Wednesday Ladies..

Pages