Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 9:47am

So glad Roo Ben came out of surgery okay, Gaye.  He sounds like a real fighter.

Missy, we are supposed to get that rain later today.   Boo.  When working Prom I stay outside and check cars and guests.   We search everyone.   I will get soaked.   I hate that this rain is headed your way on Yard Sale day.   I know you worked hard on your stuff.

Sandy, enjoy your sun.   After you get off work that is.   Yuck.

Guss, you already know my position on kids in sports.  Try it all.   Find something they love.  It keeps them active, healthy, gets them an easy avenue to make friends, and when they are older they are too busy to get in trouble.   And I love it that I will know their friend's parents. 

Renee, at least your meal was mostly free.   Sorry it wasn't that great. 

I was at the ballpark all night last night.   We had two games.   DD's team won both of them.  She played great.   Including a tag out at the plate on a girl that was nasty to her all last summer.  I loved that play.   So did DD.   We are back at it for 2 more games this morning-afternoon.  

I made DD a bacon quiche for breakfast and already prepped my jalapeno cheese grits for our pre-Prom cookout tonight.   Gotta go get in the shower and head to the park.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 10:39am

Up and being lazy today. Gotta get Jeffrey to town for a hair cut and then a quick trip through the store. 

I'll come home and work outside some. Don't want to be out too much because of my face.  It's a beautiful day here.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 10:46am

Glad Roo-Ben is doing okay Gaye

Tracy sorry about the rain that doesn't sound good! And I bet your DD was happy she tagged out that girl, karma can be great sometimes:-)

Shelly don't forget your sun screen!

Wellllllllll I signed Evey up for tball and she had gymnastics one night, and she will be going to a half day camp thru her pre-school 5 days a week:-) LOL Gotta wear her out somehow!

Its supposed to be beautiful here all weekend! I am going throw her outside to play. My dad is coming over this afternoon so I can go have coffee with a friend so I am excited!! Adult time! Woot!

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 2:59pm

Every will have fun with her activities!

Missy, sorry about the rain.  It stinks that you put so much time into the sale and then it rains.

I washed all the windows, sills, screens, etc.  We just put the screens back in and all the windows are open.  It's 70 and sunny today.  It's so fresh outside!  DH is mowing too.  The rain is coming tonight for us.  and a 60% chance tomorrow.  I better get moving.  I need to cut the potatoes and get them ready for tonight and also shower and get ready.  Wanna leave in 1 1/2 hours.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 3:15pm

The last three days here have been beautiful - actually hit 70 degrees on Thursday and Friday. I should have made Tristan mow last night. It is looking overcast now, and supposed to start raining this afternoon. Going to send him out to mow as soon as his jeans come out of the dryer. No mowing in shorts.

I am heading out for a haircut in a few minutes. Need to get back on the bike, too. Totally slacked off this week.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-27-2013 - 4:42pm

Beautiful day here today. Took Jeffrey to get a hair cut and the barber wasn't in!!!! even after telling me that he was gonna be there!!!  Went through the dollar store and came home and got my flowers planted. 

Headed to mom and dad's for dinner in a bit.

P heads out to work tomorrow evening.  :( 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 7:10am

Good Morning Ladies -

Gaye so happy for RooBen.  He just looks like such a sweet little happy dog.

Tracy how was Prom Night.  Any good pics?  Did you get rained on?

Missy how did the tag sale go? 

Sounds like everyone was either out and about of spring cleaning or mowing the lawn.  Oh the sounds of spring!  Love it.

We actually had a beautiful day yesterday.  I had "visitors" which helped make the time go by.  Of course half of them I had convinced to come out on Saturday while I knew I would be there instead of making seperate appointments during the week.  I went Sandy shopping for a bit when I got off duty, came home and then John and I went to an outdoor type mall and actually got to sit outside for dinner!  We did some more shopping after we ate.  The weather was just so nice the place was packed.  It felt great to be "outdoors" again.

Today I am heading to the Y for my back to back classes then home to shower and get dressed and then I need to hit the grocery store.  Not sure what we will do after that but for sure I will fire up the grill for dinner tonight.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 9:37am

Hello,

I survived another Prom. I added it up. I have now attended 17 Proms in my life. Wow. I don't take pictures of the kids. The best dress I saw was plastic. Yes, plastic and multi-colored. Her date wore a tux made of blue duct tape.

I would dearly, dearly love a day at home today. Won't happen. I need to get my garden in. I can't remember a time where I haven't had my garden in on April 28th. I have zero time! I could get the plants this morning, but then when could I plant them? Maybe tomorrow. I need to look at my schedule for next week. I know softball doesn't play tomorrow. But she has a game every other day this week. I am picking her up from her dad's house at 11:00 this morning and then we are headed to another town for a 3-hour softball practice with her summer team. And DS has a game that I will just make when we are getting home. So, that's leave the house at noon and get home around 6:00.

I also need to mow again. The areas that I didn't string trim the last time I mowed are almost knee deep. Ugh! I need more time.

Happy Sunday!

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 6:59pm

Glad you survived another prom...

Great news on Roo Ben!

Shelly are you healing ?

Hope you sold lots Missy !

Gloomy doomy day here- rained all day..

Gotta go in early tomorrow- 

Night Ladies !

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 7:58pm

Am I healing?  I guess so, but it sure doesn't feel like it to me. Soo painful!!! I took a shower this morning and the water hit it and knocked most of the white scabs off, so now it is just regular scabs, And HURTS!  I keep my antibiotic cream on it and Aloe, but it just isn't healing up fast enough for me. The inside of my bottom lip is a light shade of purple. YUCK

P left for work today. :( Just over in Ohio, but luickily it is only 5 days a week, instead of 6! So he will be home Friday evening. 

Missy ~ How was the Yard Sale???

Photobucket

Pages