Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-04-2013 - 5:49pm

Hello ladies:-)

Been a busy week, always something.

Congrats Mel, and $4 for a stroller that is a steal!

Tracy thats awesome your DS scored a homerun(is that what it is? LOL) I should learn something about baseball before Evey starts tball in June.....

And the grill thing, we still have an $80 grill from when we first got married, it still works so we still have it!

Renee so if her bday party is today does that mean you miss the race???

Soooooooooo been a busy week, school for Evey, PT and OT, she started gymnastics and LOVED it. She has been a handful at home too, no idea why just showing that stubborn streak. Does what she wants and tells me "no". She is being mean to Garrett she was kicking him to make him move the other day, says she doesn't like baby. She is just ugh. A handful. She has spent a lot of time in time out, and I actually spanked her for kicking him(I am not sure looking back that hitting her for kicking was a good choice but I mean!!!) Just been a lot....

So yeah today I finally cleaned my house up, my bathroom and bedroom, her room, Garrett's room, dusted, vacuumed got it all squeaky clean, for a little while anyways... and thats been about what I have done today...

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-05-2013 - 12:33am

Yes Gus it was a HOMERUN !!!  Did you have gym class in school ?  Didn't like any hot baseball players ?? I did =)..

CONGRATS ON THE SCORE D!! And so glad dip-crap missed it !!!

And no Gus we didn't miss the race-its our bread and butter!! I layed away a pool for her and Amyah for her Birthday- I made her a card and put a picture from the ad in the card- and I got her a new beach towel.  I stopped over before we went to the race and she opened the card and was so excited she was jumping up and down .. I explained to her about me and papa having a job and we have to work- she was fine. I got her 6 cans of silly string for her and her friends.  And Mag and Amyah made a pinata:

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-05-2013 - 7:26am

Morning Ladies -

Renee you taking Kynsie out on her "real birthday" is far better than being one of many at her kids party!  She will feel very special that day!  That's a great birthday gift and the beach towel with the picture was a perfect way to present it to her- great idea Gramma!

So Guss any idea where Evelyn got her stubborn streak from? Cool

Pretty quite around here.  Hope everyone is having a good weekened.  Our weather has been beautiful and we have another beautiful day today too.  We are pretty dry and could use some rain but I will take rain free for a while any way. 

Well off to my exercise classes soon.  Later today we go to see the Long Island Medium.  I am so excited!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-05-2013 - 9:04am

D's hit scores as a homerun.   Officially in the stats, it's a triple with an error.   The kid's dad texted me last night.   He had talked to D's coach.   I am not sure how much you all know about baseball averages, but his batting average on the season is .461 (anything over .300 is really good).   He said the coach was super excited about what a great addition DS has been to his team.  I agree :-)

Guss, sounds like you do have your hands really full now.   When does David come home.   I think it's some time in June, but early, middle, or late month?   As for the spanking, don't sweat it.    I call them attention getters.   That's really what you are doing.   You aren't trying to hurt her.   You are doing something to make her stop and really think about what she is doing. 

Renee, sounds like a fun party.   I'm glad you all had nice weather.   The girls will love the pool.

Our weather tanked overnight.   The rain came in and it poured all night.   It's raining now.   It's great for my garden though.   But the rain brought a temperature drop.   It's only going to be high of 58° here today.   Yuck!  

I am going to scrub out both bathrooms and a closet today.   Wish me luck.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-05-2013 - 10:00am

That's funny that they teach that Tracy.  I have a feeling it is a Kentucky only thing.  Friday, I got slammed at work and yesterday was fairly busy too.  We didn't make it to the derby party or the wedding.  By the time DH got home we wouldn't have had time to make it to either.  We watched the derby at home with the girls.  DH is working again today (double time!) and I'm heading to my sisters to price baby clothes for a garage sale.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-05-2013 - 10:08am

My girls were spanked and put in the corner.  Personally I don't think "time out" works all that well.  There is a difference between discipline and abuse and I think a lot of parents need to focus on discipline a little more.

I have NO motivation today.  Yesterday I got up at 5:30 and cleaned the entire house before we walked the garage sales and washed the bed sheets.   I need to get my butt in the shower.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-05-2013 - 10:56am

I'm here, just been running this weekend, and being lazy!! LOL

Renee ~ Loved the pinatia(or however it is spelled LOL) and the pool will be a big hit!!!

Tracy ~ I LOVE reading about your kids and their games!! And yes, I would say the horse betting and genetics is only in KY lol but I think it's a great way to "personalize" the information!

I am headed to Pittsburgh today, Waylon has a clinic appointment in the morning at 8:30, we have a Ronald McDonald room waiting for us. We can check in between 2-8 so I am in no hurry.  I have ironed and starched P's work shirts for him, have my suitcase packed, just need toput the computer and our meds in.  I have 2 loads of laundy in washing and drying, so I can finish packing P's stuf up.  Jeffrey is all packed and up at granny's already, he stayed up there last night, said he had cuddled me enough and wanted to cuddle her LOL

My baby is growingup on me :(  Here is him Thursday evening after he had his tooth pulled (it was a jaw tooth, had a cavity in it and it was filled, but was hurting so....)

Well, need to do my dishes and take out the trash. Have a great Sunday! 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 6:34am

Yuck, it's Monday again.  I hope this Q&E quiet doesn't keep going this week.   I miss it when it's not busy here.  

Susan, sorry you missed your Derby party.   But extra pay is always welcome.   I couldn't pick Orb as my horse, even though I loved the name because of it's ties to ghost hunting.   That was the favorite here all week and I never like the pick the favorite.   But the trainer is a Lexington man, he and I went to the same high school, and Orb is a KY bred horse so that's good.  

I totally agree with your theory on there not being enough discipline in the world now.   I see it all day long; the parents that figure it's easier to be their kid's friend than it is to be their parent.   It is easier to just be a friend.   But it doesn't pay off.   The kids have friends their own age, or they should.   Kids need an ultimate authority figure.   I was terrified of my mom.   I think that's the way it should be. 

We are sort of sports free today.   I think DD is having withdrawls.   Thursday was moved to 2 Varsity games instead of JV and V.   The first time we were supposed to play it was a rain-out.   You have to get those games made up for tournament seating.  This weekend was a V tournament.   And now tonight the school we are set to play called to cancel the JV game.   They have a chorus concert tonight and too many girls will be out for it.   So, 5 games without swinging a bat.   Wow, she'll be rusty tomorrow.

But that means we have a sort of free night.   I have to help set up concessions, then go home to change and let DD change.   I'll run her back to the field so she can watch the game and then I'll get DS from my parent's house.  I'm going to make spaghetti since it's easy.   He and I will eat, then I'll go get her when the game is over and let her eat late.  A lot of running, but at least none of it is far from my house. 

3 more weeks of school: 2 more Monday wake ups.   I am seeing the end in sight.   But, on the sad side, only 15 more days for my little guy to be an elementary school kid.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 6:36am

Sandy, I can't wait to hear about the Medium.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 6:53am

Morning Ladies -

Yawn - so it is Monday morning and back to work I go.  But 1st I have a doctor's appointment at 8:30 am - it's mole patrol time. 

Tracy I am surprised the name "Orb" kept you from picking him to win.  That's interesting to me.  I got more of orbit around the moon feel not "orb" feel - lol!  Only two more Mondays for you?  Wow!  Oh and no more little kids in your house soon?  Double wow!

Well I need to get going - have a good day everyone.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

Pages