Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 6:13am

Good Morning Ladies -

Oh boy I am tired this morning.  My Monday at work was a killer.  When I got home from work John and I headed over to the mall.  I needed to pick up a couple of gifts for Mother's Day and with our schedule last night was just about the only time we both had to get it done.  It is going to be a busy week. 

My MIL (who is soon to be 86) was getting out of the pool after her water exercise class (she goes almost every day) instead of using the steps she used the ladder.  She said her legs were weak so she pulled herself up and guess what - she tore 2 tendons in her shoulder - Kids I tell ya!  She is scheduled for surgery this Friday. Fun stuff ahead.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 6:24am

Ugh, Sandy.   That is terrible.   Good luck in your convalescence assistance. 

Rain, rain, go away!   It has been pouring here since Saturday evening.    All day Sunday, just coming down in buckets.   All.day.   Yesterday it stopped around 1:00.   The softball field had been tarped so they decided they could play the game last night.   Around 5:30 the sky opened up again and it poured.   All.night.   No game, obviously, and it's still raining.   No end in sight.    The 7-day forecast has rain very day until Saturday.   And then this weekend a high of 58?   20 degrees below normal.  This is certainly NOT the spring I dreamed about all winter.   Sick of it! 

I almost bailed on my workout this morning.   I woke up at 4:18, two minutes before the alarm was set to go off, and I just didn't think I could do it.   I was exhausted.   But I eventually hauled my carcass up and I did it.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 6:27am

Good for you Tracy!  We are getting some rain in here starting tomorrow.  We need it.  It has been very dry.  Just do not need all the rain you are getting.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 6:36am

No one needs the amount of rain we are getting.   There are rural school districts on delays due to high flood waters.  

Look at this madness:

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 8:33am

Good Morning ladies!

Gus- thats really cute!

Sandy- Ouch! your poor MIL's shoulder!

Tracy- hope the rain stops for you guys soon!

MIL is coming over tomorrow to help us clean up some more... our big spring clean up is thursday, we have lots of crap to drag from the back deck to the front yard...

Oh DH said to me this morning, that we arent going to ottawa.... I kinda figured we wouldnt be( its may already, and his boss was still saying no.., but its definently a no now)... in a way Im kind of glad we arent... dont know how I would have been able to sit in the car for that long, and my need to pee every few hours lol.Plus we dont really have the extra time or money....  so I will be able to use my vacation pay right before starting my maternity leave!

Have a great day everyone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 8:34am

That looks like our normal forecast, Tracy - but we hit 87 yesterday! Ugh. Way too hot for our schools since we don't have air conditioning.And we still have 28 days left.

Here is our forecast - not going to cool off to normal until Sunday:

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 8:42am

we must be stuck in the same pattern.

Looking ahead

and they said the "f" word on the weather this morning.  FROST!  Possible Sunday night.  I'm glad I don't have anything planted yet!

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 9:10am

We just got a HUGE announcement last night.  DH's cousin and wife (close friend of mine from HS) announced their pregnancy.  They have been married about 6 1/2 years and we were doubtful that they would even have kids.  They are very career driven, love to travel and they love their wine and bourbon!  They are the Derby Party hosts every year.  She drank watered down cranberry juice with lime so no one would ask questions at the Derby Party this past weekend.  John and I are super excited for them. They are due November 30th and she's about 10 weeks along.  Could that have been your "other swirl" Sandy??

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 9:11am

Yes Tracy, same exact weather. Soggy, dreary, rainy, chilly = depressing. Bring on the sun!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 9:46am

Oh and I'm thinking of putting together a congrats gift basket.  A few ideas I'm throwing around are bubble bath, heating pad, DQ gift card (for the cravings!), baby name book, and a pregnancy book.  We're having dinner together at Olive Garden next Thursday for another friend that is moving to Indy (about 2 hours away).  Any other ideas??  I was going to do anti-nausea type things, but she's already 10 weeks along and hopefully out of that stage soon.

Pages