Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 9:21am

Good Morning!

Renee I hope Maggie continues to feel better!

Daisy prayers that it is just a cyst!

Next week is Evey's last week of school.....boo, but she is doing this half day camp all summer so:-) LOL

Where is everybody this morning???

Its supposed to be nice here today so I think we will clean up the yard, maybe go get some sushi, and then hang out and play outside!

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 9:59am

Good morning. I am here. I slept in a little since we didn't get home from the Reds game until 1:00. It's still wet and disgusting here. My grass is soon to be knee level but I can't mow it. It's always raining. DD's travel team has already canceled their practice today. I hope DS's game is still on.

I am getting ready to go to the grocery, come home and start cleaning.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-11-2013 - 4:37pm

Hello ladies!!!

Happy Saturday afternoon.  Was up at 7:00 got Jeffrey ready to go to the stock sale with his dad (ugggg)  then Waylon and I went to town and did some grocery shopping. Home and just relaxed with Philip. The 3 of us went to the bedroom and just laid around. I was looking at a new beading book, Waylon was on the iPad and P was going back and forth between us LOL It was nice!

Now we have dinner on the grill and just waiting for my Jeffrey to get home!!! I always panic when S takes him, I am so afraid that one time he is just gonna RUN. He is just crazy enough to do it to hurt me.

Daisy ~ Hope it is just a cyst the doctor found.

Renee ~ WOW all 4 teeth at once?! Brave girl!!!

Tracy ~ How was the game????

I think school here doesn't go out until like June 3rd or something like that Ugggggggggg

Ok, I'm off to flip the pork chops on the grill!Enjoy your evening!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 9:45am

The game was great, Shelly.   I'm ready to go back to another one.

Lazy day here, finally.   This is the first Mother's Day since my divorce where I didn't have to argue with the kid's dad over time.   Every year in the past he has argued that since it's Mother's Day the kids need to be with him so he could take them to go visit his mother.   Not that the holiday means a squatting thing to me, but it's Mother's Day therefore I think the kids should be with their mother.   This year he was like his theory in the past never existed.   He just sort of said they'd be with me all day.

So, that leaves a fun filled day of laundry, vacuuming, mopping, and other assorted cleaning ahead of us.   My dad is picking up KFC for supper.   I love that idea.   I am making a layered strawberry ice cream cake for dessert.   My mom loves that cake.   I make a white layer cake.   I whip up real whipped cream.   When the cake is cool I half-melt strawberrry ice cream and layer the cake, ice cream, layer of whipped cream and repeat.   Then you ice the whole thing with the whipped cream.   Freeze.   It's wonderful. 

The rain seems to finally be over here.  Now, it just needs to warm up.    

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 11:16am

Tracy ~That sounds like a really good cake!!! I might have to try it!

I'm here this monrning. Looks like it is going to be apretty day around here. Sun is shining,might be a little chilly, but it is pretty out there.  Good day to get some Mother-Son pictures!!!  Out for Chineese dinner later this afternoon.

I have been to a couple Clevelnad Indian's games before Tracy, and I LOVE watching it live like that. Not to big on TV though.

Well, the dryer stopped need to go fold laundry!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 6:52pm

Happy Mother's Day ladies! 

Went to church, DH made breakfast, tried to nap but the girls were too loud, and the girls had a "party" for me.  DH and Brooks went and got me a hanging flower basket yesterday while I was gone.  Yellow daisies.  Went to grandma's, moms, and MIL's to deliver tulips.  I like getting something they can actually plant and have come up every year.  Mom has a side of the garage that is "Susan's Side" and that's where all the flowers go.  Her dafodil's from last year bloomed this year.  They were pretty. 

I have a "Tracy" week this week.  Something to do every night.  Is this week over yet?  lol

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 4:13am

Wow that does sound like a good cake Tracy!

Susan love the 'party' !

John worked all day and I had Amyah.. I cleaned =)..  Casey got me flowers and Maggie brought me adult beverages and lottery tickets !  John picked me a big bouquet of lilacs.  Molly worked and she said Red Lobster Wed or Thur - her next day off ..

Talked to all three of my sisters and our NY trip is delayed. Susan my sister in Ohio that lived in and cared for an elderly lady - the lady died so she is kinda jobless =/..  She said she can't go so none of us will go. We are thinking a day trip over by Lake Michigan just to hang out and eat =)..

Saturday night it rained a little and the races were delayed one hour- and it was freezing !!! Came home and turned on the furnace- first time in awhile..  Supoose to be in the 80's on Wednesday!

Welp its Monday again...

Enjoy !

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 6:16am

Yup, sure is Monday.

Where has everyone been hiding? Come on out!

I had a nice day yesterday. I cleaned, watched the Reds game, DS assembled a baseball bounce-back net thing (helps you with fielding), and then DS and I went for a long bike ride. That used muscles I haven't used in a while. DD has discovered John Grisham so she spent the day with her nose in a book. We had fried chicken at my parent's for supper.

My cake sort of flopped. I should have frozen the cake layers before I layered it all together. It slid to one side of the cake carrier while in the freezer setting. And I have no idea where the ice cream went. I used almost a whole half gallon and it was gone. I assume it sunk into the cake layers. It had a really good flavor, but it looked like a hot mess.

Well, this is it: DD's final week of high school softball. She only has 2 games left. She is not at all ready for it to end. The District tournament starts next week and that's all single elimination. Her summer team hasn't practiced in 3 weeks because it rains every weekend and it's always a rain out. Hopefully that will get rolling again soon.

It's hard to believe my son has 10 days left of elementary school. It really is winding down.

I'm finally liking our weather forecast. Once we make it through today it's all upper 70's and 80's. Bring on that sun!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 7:36am

Good Morning ladies!

Yawn. so tired this morning.... Just gotta get through today and I have the next 2 days off! going to WW with MIL tomorrow just to say hello.... and got some shopping to do after! I need to find some nice shoes for the citizenship ceremony! Its been a long time since Ive had sandals...( last pair I bought was back home) so Im splurging! ( assuming I can find decent ones) Plus I need new bras... mine dont fit so good anymore lol

Tracy- good luck to your DD with the tournament!

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day!

Im sorry for being such a lazy board member... I did read everyones responses... but I dont remember what else I had to comment on!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 7:46am

Good Morning ladies!

I am up,but not moving yet LOL  Watching GMA, I do have a load of laundry in washing. I have a list of Domestic Diva items I need to get crossed off of my list today.

Boys off to school, I told Waylon I didn't want to get a call about him being sick, because he is fine!!!!  Jeffrey was complaining with his ear hurting,but that is normal.

Yesterday was a BUST for Mother's day!  Me,mom, dad, Waylon and Jeffrey went out to dinner. The boys were fighting (as usual) Dad was b!tching (as usual) and mom was yelling at him (again, as usual). I just pulled over and started to turn around but then they all yelled at me. I had an awful time. :(  Then the boys were holy terrors once we got home, had to yell at and whip both of them!!! Yeah, Happy Mother's Day to the most stress out mom award goes RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you all seethe Space Commander singing in space? AWESOME!!!

Well, I am off to do some hose work!!

Photobucket

Pages