Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 6:49pm

Kid free tonight !

Sandy I hope you can post soon and please let your Dad know I am Praying for him... Give him an extra hug when you see him.. And WHAT was the big blow work threw you on Friday ????

the rest of my story-  I too was/am  very passionate about kids/school.  I was a very known face in my girls' schools- I chose all their teachers through 5th grade- I worked in the breakfast room and on the playground. I went to every PTO meeting- I was very involved. And when they hit high school John and I didn't like the road Maggie was going down so we moved her to another school- her sisters went also by choice. Well it all back fried on us and she continued down the wrong road. Live and learn =).. 

Oh and Shelly none of our schools have or had a school nurse. 

Good Luck with your decision. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 9:12pm

Shelly that can't be an easy decision to make especially with Waylon. You need a school that supports you and also is considerate of him and his missing school for labs etc. and with a school having that many students I could imagine he might get lost in the shuffle. Let us know how your interview or whatever goes with them.

I just got home from gymnastics, Evelyn was wild there tonight. The teacher is like some 16 year old who does gymnastics there, that’s cool except she has NO stern tone. So Evey got bored and ran amuck and wouldn’t listen to her so I had to “scold” her. LOL I was pointing my finger and being ghetto but she started listening...

So yeah :-) That’s basically all I have to say.

Night gals!

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 8:28am

Good Morning ladies! only took 5 times to log in today. have a great friday everyone!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 4:59pm

I am frustrated too.  But, I love this place so I guess I will be the one to take out the trash and turn out the light when the party ends.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-18-2013 - 9:52am

Morning ladies.  Dreary and raining here.  I'm about to attempt to eat some toast.  I'm a little nervous about to be honest with you!  lol  I hope I don't relapse!!  I need to get some grocery shopping in today!

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-18-2013 - 2:14pm

I hope you are doing better today, Susan.  

Sandy still cannot post.   She tried to log in all day yesterday and again this morning.   Pitiful, just pitiful to lose so many people here.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-19-2013 - 8:35am

After 4 failed attempts to log on with IE, I switched to Firefox.   Two attempts to log in later, and 10 minutes of my time gone, I am here.  

Of course I am talking to myself because taking the time to do this is ridiculous and no one else does it anymore.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-19-2013 - 12:11pm

Sad Sad Sad.....

I do not understand at all!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-20-2013 - 7:08am

Me neither, Renee.   Me neither.   The whole "we're working on it" 7 months later is not real encuraging.   I really think that after the latest outage, was the final straw.   When has Q&E ever gone a weekend with 4 posts?   People are done and tired of feeling like they are being played for a fool.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 6:17am

Yes, I am the stupid last hold-out. I'm here, talking to myself. I know this place has finally moved on, but I love Q&E and I miss our active days.

These Oklahoma tornado stories are awful. I am sick over all the lives lost, especially the kids at school, the destruction, all of it. It's hard to look at. I can't imagine.

Last 4 days of school. Big stuff going on. DS is cleaning out his desk and then the school talent show is today. DD is doing a "give back" service project and will be out half a day cleaning up trash in the neighborhood. Then they have a free day, with music and inflatibles, on the football field. She's funny, saying her friends "are not outdoorsy at all." She was texting her two friends last night to see if they were even going to bother to go to school at all today. She said she also earned a free hour on the inflatibles for getting no demerits or discipline marks of any kind all year. None of her friends qualified for that, so she is convinced it will be her and the "super nerds." She doesn't want to go. It's temping to let her stay home.

I'm just ready to get the graduations over. After I work all of of them this weekend, I will have been to 75 high school graduations in the past 15 years. I will say it again, there is nothing on earth more boring than the high school graduation ceremony.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages