Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 9:39pm

One thing is more boring than a high school graduation, Tracy.... a high school graduation when you don't know anyone!  I went to a college graduation once with my girls... we waited and waited and waited to see our friend walk across but we never seen her so we figured we just missed her.  Nope... she didn't even go to the ceremony.. lol.

I am soooo ticked at my television~!   It has been acting up since Tuesday of last week.  I noticed it because after Amber & the kids left, the music channel that we had been listening to was choppy, freezing and sounding like a cell-phone call that was breaking up.  I didn't pay too much attention to it just figuring it was that particular channel but it has been doing it ever since... every channel and every tv in the house.  I went to the HELP menu on AT&T Uverse and did everything they told me to do to fix the "pixelating," freezing, choppy picture and sound.  Every day I meant to call from work to let them know about it.  Every day I was so busy at work I totally forgot all about calling... until I got home and turned the tv on... then I'd get pissed all over again!

Anyway, I called them tonight and was on the phone for almost an hour checking cables and resetting 5 different devices including my modem and the lady said that should take care of the problem.  So, I take care of a few things and then sit down and notice the tv is doing it again!  So, I called them right back and the guy says, "I see your problem, you have a loose cable."  Um, NOPE... I just checked all the cables 30 minutes ago, idiot!  So, he is going to send a repairman Thurday between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm... I am not happy... this is May Sweeps... all the series season finale's are on right now and I am missing them.  Even the ON DEMAND feature pixelates and is choppy!  UGH...

Okay, enough griping!

I tried the FB group gals... i will keep going back to it, BUT.... I am with Tracy, I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO GIVE UP OUR LITTLE CORNER OF iVILLAGE!!!  I will be here with you, Tracy.... and if there's garbage to take out, I will help!

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 6:37am

Okay, looks like it's just me and you, Daisy.   Sandy cannot get logged in.   She has tried and tried.   She has tried every hint Erin gave her.   It just won't work.    But she is reading.

We had huge storms roll through here last night.   I had to mow my grass.   By the end I was practically running with the mower because the storms were coming in fast.   But I got it done.

I then had to cook dinner and go shoe shopping for DS for his 5th grade promotion.   He decided to wear khakis, a Hawaiian shirt, and he needed shoes.   I got him some of those stupid expensive, and stupid popular, Sperrys.   Now, how to wear them?   Socks?   No socks?   Black?   White?   Those really short socks that only cover the bottom and sides of your foot?  

Then I took DD to the high school softball game.   It was pushed back an hour.   Which ended up to be 1.20.   They started at 9:20.   Her dad eventually showed up (10:45) and drove her home.  The game ended a little after 11:00.   She got home around 11:40.   Jeff dies at how late our nights are, but it is what it is.  

Tonight brings more softball, but just an early practice this time.   Her summer team is picking up the pace.   We should be playing within the next two weeks. 

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 9:08am

Wow, it's actually letting me post. Haven't been able to log in for days.

Tracy, Baylie has to have Sperry's for school. They are stupid expensive! She has to wear navy blue nylon socks with hers but I see people wear every kind of sock or without around town.

My kids are cramming exams this final week. Baylie gets out at 12:15 and Kelsie gets out at 10:50 today. Same tomorrow and they are done!!! Bring on summer break!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 10:34am
Okay so I decided to drop in too:-) Really like Facebook though because its a all in one stop for me...LOL So Evey goes to the doctor today at 1:20, so she can gets some medicine. I guess that leaves my deep clean for tomorrow because I don't want to be in the middle of it and have to leave to go to the doctor.... Oh well... David gets home Friday night, so Saturday we have to do the whole baby proofing thing, Garrett discovered the stairs...

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
In reply to: glebou
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 11:37am

According to my 16-year-old grandson, Sperrys are worn without socks.  Absolutely.  He made his little brother take his socks off because he was being geeky.

And we all know teenagers know everything when it comes to fashion.  LOL

iVillage Member
In reply to: glebou
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 11:39am

Daisy, Tracy and K-Roni will be at iVillage to turn out the lights and shut the door.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 2:05pm

I do like the FB one-stop-shopping approach, but I like this format a lot.   FB isn't conducive for a QOTD, what's for supper thread, or general chit-chat.   I miss this, the inane talk.   And yes, the recipes.  

Guss, happy baby-proofing.   Sounds not so much fun at all.   I think your Friday night welcome home reunion sounds much, much better.  

My middle school daughter and her friend both said the really shorty socks for the Sperrys, in black.   And they go to two different middle schools.   I say no socks as well.    

Yes, Karen will be there to help us with the final sweep out, trash pull, etc.   So sad to think about.   However, I like the slow trickle back this way.   To me, this really is the best place for us.   If.it.would.work.   For everyone.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 3:46pm

Well just look at who they let in the front door - ME!!!!  But I guess most everyone else has left the party already. That's what I get for showing up late.

Well I'm here to help pack up the leftovers and turn off the lights if you need help Tracy.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 7:05pm

Big hugs Sandy.  I know you've had a tough week. 

I've never heard of Speery's.

Last day of school is tomorrow!  Woo hoo!  Getting ready to head to the ice cream store for the "good job on a great school year" cone.  We have company tomorrow and don't want to push for time.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-22-2013 - 9:07pm
Love the end of school, first of summer. And I love it that you took the kids for ice cream, Susan. Sandy, I am thrilled to see you. So glad you were finally able to log on. I am actually on from my phone now. We had softball practice tonight. And then a huge storm. Glad we got it in before the storm hit. I am totally ready for the summer travel season. Bring it on.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg