Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 7:05pm

Missy, the tornado effect winds just pulled down lots of trees and limbs here.   I have a few larger limbs down in my yard, but that's it.   A few roads were blocked with trees down this morning.   It hit us really hard between 5:00-6:00 AM.   I can't imagine how scary it would be having a window blown out during the night.  

Hope the stress test went okay despite the storm stress.

Time to go do the dishes.   Then to pick up the girl from softball.  Is there ever a time when the work is finished and you are just done?

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 2:20pm

Yikes Missy what a mess!  Oh and what a day for a stress test.  The results should be interesting.

The weather out your way is headed out way tonight.  Oh joy!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 1:50pm

Oh my Missy!  I glad you are safe and sound.  That would scare the crap out of me too.  When the Joplin tornadoes came, the line was heading for us and due to hit in the middle of the night.  I'm a big sissy pants with storms and I made everyone sleep in the basement.  The girls thought we were having a slumper party. :)  I just wanted to sleep!  Even in the basement, the darn storms woke me up.  Those nasty one, esp in the middle of the night are dangerous.  Stay safe!  Oh and I hope the stress test went well.

We had record temps today...just after midnight.  We were at the north of of the nasty weather and didn't get much but rain and wind.  Just after midnight was 60* and by midnight tonight they are talking 30* and snow.  30* difference in 24 hours.  I have a feeling there will be some sick kids around.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 1:09pm

Add me to the cranky list too! It took me FOREVER to get to this board today. Sign in multiple times and then get a not authorized message. GRRRRRRRRRRR

We had the worst storm ever in the middle of the night. Got woken up at about 3:30 to the sounds of the house rattling and then I heard shattered glass. Our dining room window blew out with high winds and rain. No power to see that there was glass all over the room. Ray & I were trying to duck tape plastic to cover the window. No fun!! I went and got the kids out of bed. Didn't know if a tornado was coming or not. They are on the 2nd floor. Scares me to death. Tracy, what did you end up getting, storm wise. This one was nasty.

Our neighborhood looks like a war zone. Everybody has roof damage and other things. Never seen so many uprooted trees and broken branches. I'm pretty sure a tornado was near, that's what I've heard anyway. Ugghhhh I hope it's not coming near any of you.

Then I had to go take a stress test this morning.  Of all things........

Mel, can't wait to hear the confirmation on twins.

Daisy, where are you??

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 10:47am

I'm feeling cranky today too.  We have a notorious employee here that likes to disappear, not do work, never returns phone calls and it irritates the p*ss out of me.  He's been gone this morning to run home.  The sump pump quit.  He's been gone for 2 hours and lives 5 minutes away.  I am in no mood today.

I have a ton of work to do and plenty of questions for him...but he's no where to be found.  Everyone else brushes it off like its no big deal.  I used to work with people like this, and guess what...I don't work there anymore! 

Anyway.  I ran a mile last night.  Felt good.  Went home, had plenty of calories left and had a beer.  I can't remember the last time I drank a beer.  It was pretty darn good.

Back to the grind.  I'm been working on this post about 2 1/2 hours! :)

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 9:50am

I am sure Cara is right, Mel.   It sure came out sounding insensitive though.   And sorry your sister bailed on you with the whole thing.  That wouldn't sit well with me either.

I can hardly wait for them to tell you it's twins and you will be able to say, "I know, Sandy already told me so."

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 9:10am

I think (although maybe I am wrong) that they likely won't be able to tell by just the heartbeat - can't always hear them both. Sounds like your ultrasound at the end of the month will be the first official news about the twins. ;-)

Sorry your mom isn't sounding as supportive as she could. Not being right here, she hasn't lived with the loss and anxiety of trying to conceive like you have. She isn't REALLY wishing that you weren't pregnant, I am sure.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 8:57am

Heartbeats Mel - heartbeats - plural -Cool

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 7:49am

Good Morning ladies! Im feeling cranky this morning. Rrrooarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was looking up flights for Mum for when she visits in september.... and the orginal deal was my sister and I to go halves.... but my sis cant afford to help at all..... so its falling on me... anyway, Mum said its a shame the baby isnt coming next year instead, to give us a chance to save up more $$$.... WTF???

I said Im sorry if we are inconveniencing anyone here...and that she doesnt have to visit this year if she doesnt want to...( she didnt respond to the last bit lol)

Oh to answer your question.... I see the obgyn feb 13th, dont know is shes going to try and find the heartbeat then? Im having my first ultrasound end of february sometime....

Its supposed to rain and snow today.... theres a few parents on my facebook that are cranky that the english schools have been cancelled today....

Sorry I forget what else I had to comment on...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 6:46am

Morning Ladies -

Tracy hope you stay safe!  It's warm here this morning but not as warm as it is where you are.  We are going to be getting heavy rain and crazy wind tonight and into tomorrow morning.  That weather front hitting your area now is headed out way.  YIKES!

Missy glad Ray's news was good and I hope your Mom's DH gets to feeling better soon.  

I have the same question as Tracy for you Mel.  When will you be finding out about the twins?

We heard from Renee and Guss yesterday but still no Daisy and no Shelly?????  Come out, come out wherever you are!

Pages