Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 7:29pm

Brady is probably excited like Webster is because New England is winning!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 5:09pm

Not an Atlanta fan here either... not sure why but I never have been... lol.

Watching New England and Texans right now.... we, normally, would be pulling for the Texans (because my sister is in Houston) but our Michigan boy, Tom Brady, has our heart so we always pull for New England!  They're behind right now 3-0 but I know our dog's namesake will break out soon!  LOL

Sorry, I got distracted by the dog charging me (he literally runs and jumps on my legs) wanting out so I figured it was an emergency.... he hiked up on a bush for probably 2 seconds, turned around and ran up on the steps to come back in... what the heck???  LOL

Anyway, I forgot what I was going to say...

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 3:53pm
Not looking great for the Seahawks, and as a Saints fan I would LOVE for the Falcons to lose. Absolutely LOVED watching Peyton Manning choke last night! I am so hoping Ray Lewis gets another Superbowl, I love a good story....

photo augustafeb21.gif

iVillage Member
In reply to: glebou
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 3:43pm

I asked one of my vegan friends how she knew she was getting enough protein and calcium in her diet, and she told me about My Fitness Pal.  I did it for awhile, but I have been remiss and haven't been on the site for a couple of months, now.  It is a good tool; I agree.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 3:12pm

We will be watching the New England game starting at 4:30 pm.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 2:36pm

Tristan is watching the Seahawks -Falcons game.... not sounding good for the Hawks. I haven't been watching, but there is far too much cheering from the Atlanta fans for it to be going well for Seattle. Everyone here is sure wishing that the game was in Seattle since the Seahawks are undefeated at home.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 11:04am

I am with you on laying out there for you to look at and being accountable Tracy.  I started My Fitness Pal two years ago.  I made New Year's goal to drop some pounds and get more exercise in.  I knew I needed somehting to help me with my portion control and wasted calorie intake.  This works for me!  I don't call it a diet, just taking control of me.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 9:54am

Sandy is right, I am a My Fitness Pal addict.   It does better than anything I have seen to hold you accountable.   I overeat.   No other way to put it.  When I see it laid out- how much difference one pat of butter makes for example I find it easier to skip that butter.  

I haven't used flavored coffee creamers in about a year.   One day it just tasted too overpoweringly sweet to me.  I gagged my way through the rest of that bottle of creamer (sugar free hazelnut) and never bought it again.  I have been using plain creamer with sugar.   I don't use much sugar, but it's there.   Looking at the calorie intake for the sugar on MFP has made me slowly train myself to drink it black.   I am getting there.  I am already using about 1/2 a teaspoon for a large insulated mug.   I have miles to go on this healthier eating kick, but I'm not backing down on it.

I need to go get the kids moving towards church.   It's pouring rain here and they aren't going to want to go.   But we'll be there.   I'd rather be at a water aerobics class with Sandy.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 8:17am

Good Morning ladies!

Gus- glad you got to have a fun date night!! ditto what Sandy said, leave Garret with grandma more often so he doesnt miss you as much!

Sandy- fingers crossed everyone in your family stays well!! and Im glad you have a nice visit with your Dad!

Okay I did absolutely nothing yesterday, and I ate way too much.... so I better get my butt into gear do and do some zumba and just dance on the wii!  and put some more laundry away.

Have a great day ladies!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 7:42am

Morning Ladies -

It is sooooooo foggy outside right now.  Can hardly see your hand in front of your face BUT it will not stop me from getting to the "Y" for my 2 class workouts.  I always feel so much better once I am done.  I may moan and groan about going but I am proud of myself for doing it in the end.

Visited with my Dad yesterday morning and we had a nice quite time just the two of us.  He is doing pretty good.  John is doing well too and so far so are my in-laws.  Fingers crossed it stays that way for a while!

Guss your "date" sounds like just what the doctor ordered.  I love you took the time out to enjoy each other.  As far as Garret missing you, well maybe you should plan on leaving him with Grandma more often so he won't miss you so much - LOL! Oh and Tracy please allow me for taking the question for you - yes Tracy is using MyFitnessPal.  She is the one that introduced me to it two years ago.  Susan is also on and we can encouage each other along the way.  Come join the party.  It is addictive I tell you!

Well I am running late - talk to you all later!

Pages