Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 9:27am

Whoo Mel.   Glad your dad isn't too bad off and your baby news is fabulous.   Hoping for a good check up Wednesday.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 9:24am

I would have been in a full panic over that checkbook too.   So glad you found it.

I had a great time at supper last night.   I was very proud of my eating.   I never say no to cheese dip at a Mexican resturant.   But I didn't order any last night.   I got the super hot salsa verde (green salsa) instead.   I mixed it with red salsa on my chicken fajitas.   I didn't eat all my rice.   And I split one basket of chips with one other girl and we didn't get it refilled.   With my calorie allotment for the day, and adding generous portions of food to my calculator (I know the restaurant portions are large) I finished the day with 8 calories remaining.

I then got up and worked out before work again.   I better start seeing results soon.  

Daisy, Shelly has it on her FB page that the school Waylon is set to attend in a year or two had a bomb threat yeserday so she is thinking about homeschooling the boys.  

We get bomb threats all the time.   Social media is the bane of our existance at work with stuff like that.   Someone takes a crumb of info, blows it 1,000 times out of porportion, and then the rumors from that creates chaos in the schools.  

Mel, we need an update on that phone call.   Did you hear from stepmom yet?

Sad day, Renee.   But great news on the raise.   Hope you get your unemployment thing worked out.   And yes, I know too that you call  that line all the time.   You and Daisy will be talking about it and I am always like "who is this Marvin guy and how do you both know him?"

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 9:00am
Well I guess now I know why this place kept sending me to the Parenting/Pregnancy board!!!! It was trying to tell me to get my "baby radar" going - ROFL!!!!!!! Keep your legs crossed Mel! Way to go on the raise Renee! I would take .78 an hour - shoot I would take .02 an hour more in pay!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 8:33am
sorry I dont know why that all ran together.... I had it seperated!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 8:31am
Good Morning ladies!!! ivillage is being nice again, and letting me post! fingers crossed! Yes I heard from my step Mum.... dad is still alive! Phew. hes back in hospital because he has 2 infections in his foot.... strep, and staph...( they may need to remove the rod in his foot, and replace it with something else, and he still may lose his foot) I told Jane dont ever send emails to me like that again! here we are thinking the worst that Dad has died! she said she was sorry and wont do that again. Geez. I said I cant afford to pay for 2 flights this year, to go home for a funeral. Daisy- glad you found the cheque book! DH started his radiation treatment yesterday... 2 down, 8 to go.... they are all early in the morning, so poor bugger wont be getting much sleep for the next week and a half! I better go and do some wii I suppose... havent done any this week, Im still tired. Oh this is unofficial..... but Ive taken 4 pregnancy tests..... and all have been positive!! ( hence the tiredness lol) found out on sunday... so its still super early! Im off to my doctor ( family doctor) next wednesday, and will have the blood test done( at the hospital not the doctors) to confirm it. so thats my news! Have a great day everyone!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 6:52am
Morning Ladies - Daisy so glad you found that checkbook! Of course it would have been nice if the other guy had actually looked in the box you found it in and saved you all that panic! Hope you got your dishes cleaned up. I hate piled up dishes so that does not happen in our house. Laundry on the other hand - well good thing there is a door on our laundry room - lol!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 6:06am
Well, that just sucks, Renee! I know you are always on top of that stuff.... even calling when we were in Ohio having our Q&E (Quality & Enjoyment) time... don't give up and I will keep my hubby on it too. I don't know if he will get it but I don't want him to give up! I'm up, ready to go to work except for taking the curlers out of my hair ... woke up at 4:10 am... hopped in the shower, played some words with friends and checked email. I was thinking about tackling the mound of dirty dishes in the kitchen but didn't feel like it this morning. I hate when the dishes get so backed up ... then I just avoid them like the plague! I keep hoping that when I come home from work my fairy godmother will have done them for me... but nope... Ashleigh usually helps me but her arm is still bothering her. Oh well... my hubby told me he'd help me tonight! I had a panicky day yesterday at work... I have been looking for the checkbook in all the boxes we haven't unpacked yet and could not find it anywhere. I have 3 checks to write and I figured I would have come across it before long. But, then my supervisor (little bossman) needed the ABA (?) number off the checks so I had to make it my #1 mission. He and Maria even came to help me go through them. Big bossman came in and wondered what all the fuss was... when we told him we were looking for the checkbook, his eyes got all big like he couldn't believe I lost the checkbook! We double checked all the boxes but still could not find it. And worst of all... i did not even remember packing it. It was 3 weeks ago and we were packing like mad-people that last day (which was when I packed it because I use it all the time). I was off work for almost 2 weeks so heck if I knew where it was or even IF I had packed it. Thankfully at 3:15 I started digging through a box that Dave swore up & down he had looked through twice. I figured it wouldn't hurt..... yep, there it was in the bottom. I was saying some mighty thankful prayers I tell ya! Well, I better go get these curlers outta my hair and go get my car started so it can warm up. Check back after I get to work, gals....

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 4:31am

Morning Ladies =)..

Yes half a day gets me out at a nice time.. Love it ! And we were told yesterday we got a raise !! They wanted everyone at the same amount- unless you had been there forever. so I think I am getting 78 cents more an hour !!! YEAH ME ! Also today I will get paid for 18 hours of paid time off I did not use last year... I am pumped =)

Guss how much longer is David home ? Where is he off to after ?

Sandy your dad doing ok?

Daisy I didn't get your tex back till late last night- I am actually fighing with unemployment for a week last Aug. They said I filed late without good cause. I did it online on the first day I was off (Mon) and they have no record ogf it- I called Marvin the following Mon and that is when it said I didn't file. So I did it again on that day- Mon and  they are saying I should have filed by the previous Fri- nice huh

Sorry wanted to get that all out...

Gaye you still working ?

Shelly be safe driving to Pitt today

Susan how long is your biggest loser (?) challange again ?

I need to move..

Enjoy your day 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 8:57pm
What's on Shelly's FB?? I'm getting worried...

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 4:17pm
I was wondering the same thing Tracy. I hope everything is okay.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

Pages