Q&E Babble

iVillage Member
Q&E Babble
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 7:34am

Okay, I give.   I am doing it.   I miss PPWM too much.

I want to babble.   I think you all want to babble.  So let’s babble here and then go back to PPWM when they finally get us fixed.   I know, it’s discouraging now, but I am too optimistic for my own good.   I do think iVillage will get this mess fixed.   One day. 

For those not on FB, Shelly is monitoring Waylon, debating on a trip to Pitt.   He ran a fever all day yesterday and most of the night.   At her last check in, he’s down to 99.   She’s calling the coordinator this morning.

I had my work party last night.   I took a platter of Jalapeno Cheese Grits.   I have never had 6 people ask me for a recipe before.   I heard they were, “on point” and “ready.”  I love it when I bring the most popular dish.   There wasn’t a scrap left.  

Off to get dressed for work.   As of 3:00 today I am done until January 2nd.   And then I can start counting down for my spring break beach trip.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 1:03pm

HEY HO!  I'm checking in!  It's been a busy weekend so far.  Yesterday I was prepping some food and we had a party last night.  This morning I finished prepping food and we are going to MIL's tonight.  Tomorrow is Christmas Eve mass and then to my parents and Christmas day is my grandma's and back to MIL's.  I took Wednesday off of work just to recoop!  Looks like this is coming for WEd/THurs though...I'm in the 6-9" area!

I rarely put out snowfall amount forecasts 5+ days away, however many of you have asked what "I'm thinking" concerning the storm on Wednesday and Thursday. I also have much higher confidence with this storm than most. Therefore I have decided to make a "First Guess" type map with accumulation amounts for next Wednesday and Thursday. I will update this map numerous times as the event gets closer - Brandon

Tracy - your ex is a poop head...a big, fat stinky one.  Mel - YEAH!  on the good news. Renee - hugs and prayers, it must have been a tough day. 

Sorry if I forgot anyone.  I skimmed through quickly.  Since this thread has been started I am going to change my preferences to read first to last!  I can't handle posts being in the wrong order! :)

Off to finish getting ready.  DH wants to leave around 2ish.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 12:29pm

Snow tubing????  Tracy is going to go snow tubing??????

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 10:12am

Hey, I know where that bear place is!   We will be back through there in January.   I'm taking off the Friday before the long MLK weekend and we're leaving that morning.   We'll go up on Friday, spend all day Saturday at the Canaan ski place snow tubing, then come home Sunday.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 9:46am

Yeah it was only 17* here so the pipes under the house froze off, but luickly it just came back on. . . I need to clean and can't do anything with out water LOL

I got the boys both a lump of coal for their stocking. Up at the Boyds Bears place Tracy, they had these cute little coal with snow men painted on them with a little card, I can't remember what it says, but it's cute. Also a key chain with a barrel of monkeys and a new pack of styluses for their DS's, which are still with our computer guy, but they are fixed, just need to go pick them up.

I still need to make a pan of fudge and I think I will be all done.  My house looks like a tornado hit it, so I am off to clean!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 9:06am

Whoop-whoop!! Shelly is back. Yes, it's a PITA to post, but if you bare with it a minute it works. I still have faith that it will be fixed.

Why is your water off? Pipes frozen? I hate that. My washing machine water pipe does that some. The addition to the house where the laundry room is located has terrible insulation.

I thought I was totally finished with my shopping. I organized the kids stocking stuff and DS has WAY more than DD. I will go to Rite-Aid today or tomorrow and her her some Chapstick and other little things like that. Just need 2 or 3. I was stumbling on Jeff's mom. I went to a local book store yesterday, one that has a gift area too, and bought her a Kentucky Burgoo soup mix packaged at a local herb farm. Yummy!

The kids and I broke out all our Christmas DVDs last night. I watched all my shows: Year Without a Santa Claus, Charlie Brown, Twas the Night Before Christmas (the cartoon with the mice), and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

I am getting ready to get the kids moving to get cleaned up for church. Then we are going to clean the house. Once they are off with their dad I am off to my swim team reunion this evening. I can't wait.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 8:23am

Yes, I have been scarce, sorry :( Just been busy and not in the mood to deal with signing in and telling me I'm not authorized etc.  But so far so good. I had to sign in, but it went right through and no problems - YET!!!

Yes, Waylon started running a temperature at school on Thursday, so when mom and I went down for the Christmas program, mom brought him home and I stayed and watched Jeffrey and went to his class party then called mom and she came back and picked us up.

I am FINISHED with my Christmas shopping, just need to get the last few things wrapped up. 

I am going to spend today wrapping and cleaning house, once my water comes back on grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 7:03am

Good Morning Ladies -

Yawn - up early today so I can get my trip to the "Y" in.  Then need to get just one more gift (warm top for my Dad) - then home finish wrapping the last couple of gifts and then I am going to start to get my house ready for Christmas Eve.  Hopefully tonight we will be able to take the trip to the park and see the Christmas light display.

It is one of those drive thru ones.  Check out the missing bulb -

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 4:38pm

So I made it back alive from the grocery store.  What a zoo!  I was going to stop at Trader Joe's to get a few things for Christmas Eve but the line coming off the highway to the main road was backed up way to far for my liking.  I'll give it another try tomorrow.  I can take the back road over from home so I can avoid the back up that way.

Finished wrapping all the gifts and got all the laundry done including clean sheets on the bed.  Waiting for John to come home and then we are heading out.  Not sure if we will drive through the park to see the lights or not.  It is so windy out  (gusts of 40 50 miles per hour) I'm not sure it would be all that much fun.  If we don't go tonight we will go Sunday night.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 4:37pm

So far the boys and I have run to the bookstore for one last gift (and a couple stocking stuffers) and I have two batches of cookies in the works. Chocolate cookies with Andes mint bits in the oven right now, and Browned Butter Snickerdoodle dough chilling in the fridge. Really in the mood to bake, so may make one more batch. Need to figure out what kind, though! Both these recipes are new to me - hope they turn out. My favorite Christmas cookies are the Russian Teacakes (Mexican wedding cakes, snowballs, whatever you call them) but I always ask my mom to make them, because they are a pain!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 2:22pm

I have run my errands, ran 3 miles, rolled out and baked my cookies, made icing for them, and cooked lunch (it was Phineas and Ferb chicken soup with tuna sandwiches, but I made it).   My kids are decorating cookies now.  I am pooped.   Getting ready to go get my toes done.   Then home to make pizzas. 

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg