Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 7:29am

What's on the agenda this weekend?

Mine is crazy, even for me.   My head spins thinking about it.

Tonight DD was supposed to have a softball game.   But the host school called our coach yesterday and said that we are playing each other in a tournament in May.   So, since the cold front is still living in the area, let’s cancel and just play in the tournament.    Our coach said ok.   So now DD has practice.   I have a Crock Pot of tortilla soup cooking.   Jeff is working today.   He will come over after work and eat with me.   We’ll hang out a while then I’ll go get DD for the night.  

In the morning DS and his dad will go to his ball park for cleanup day.   He then has practice at 2:00.  

For me in the morning I have concession stand clean-up and stock up day.   I am pretty sure I am being groomed to take over the running of the concession stand.   I am okay with that.   I’ll take that one softball thing and make it mine.   We are cleaning from 8:30-10:30.   We will need more time, and were supposed to be there 3-4 hours while the girls practiced that morning.   But the game for last night that was cancelled was moved to Saturday.   So I have to leave town by 11:30 to get her there.   The Varsity game is first and she will play after that, so about 3:00.   I will get home around 6:00.   The ex had told me he and his GF were going out of town for the night.   Why?   The kids will be out of town with me the next two weekends.   Their trip can’t wait?   Oh well, the kids don’t want to be with him anyway.

I have the kids Saturday night.   Then Sunday I will have to find time to grocery shop, do laundry, clean the house, and start packing for the trip.   Also in there, in preparation for the trip I need/want to do all these things:
pedicure
library run for books
make beer cheese because the kids associate my homemade beer cheese with vacations

Then Sunday night my family is doing a big meal for Palm Sunday since we will be out of town for Easter.   I was assigned dessert.   So I need to come up with something for that and find time to make it.  

And with that, Sunday is Palm Sunday so how can I miss church??   There simply aren’t enough hours in the day for me this weekend.

Oh, and let me throw in there that DD plays an away game Monday night, and then has home games on Tuesday and Thursday nights so I will have to work in the concession stand.   Wednesday night is my only free night.   And we leave Friday morning.  

Stress has already set in over the whole thing.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 6:46pm

Tonight me and the girls went to Tia Helita's for supper... Amber bought mine... I hate that but she grabbed my bill while I was putting my coat on.  She says she wanted to do it because I watch the kids for her so much.  But, she must not understand that I LOVE IT and do not need to be bribed!  LOL

Right now I am home with Luke & Pres (Pres is taking a nap) and me & Luke are watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  I'm hoping he will fall asleep for a short nap but I don't think it's going to happen. 

Amber & Ash went to find Luke an outfit for Easter (to match Presleys).  My hubby went out to a Chinese buffet with the guys he works with and should be home soon.

Tomorrow morning is family breakfast if my mom is feeling up to it.  She got out of the hospital Sunday night and says she still feels really weak but I do not see her postponing family breakfast... she loves it too much... lol. 

Tomorrow afternoon I need to get my tax stuff together and call to make an appointment.  I also need to balance my checkbook becase I haven't done that since before Christmas!  I also want to make a menu for next week and go to Walmart for the groceries. While I'm there, I also want to get Luke & Presley some Easter stuff.

Tomorrow night I am sure I will watch the grandbabies for Blu Ray night... unless Amber follows through on her comment of wanting to just stay with the kids for a family night... depends on if Nick agrees or not.

Sunday is church.... and may be the last time I attend that particular church.  It is over 10 miles away from us (which I know isn't that bad) but they are starting to plant some smaller churches in different areas (that are closer to me).  They are all going to be called "The Point" but now it will be "The Point - Flint," The Point - Grand Blanc," etc.  The first service for both of these is Easter Sunday and we are undecided which one we want to go to yet so we want to go to both of them to see which we liked better which means we will probably go to 2 maybe 3 services on Easter Sunday. 

On the Easter Sunday subject...  I want to celebrate Easter with my family on Saturday, the day before Easter, so, for one thing, Amber & Nick won't have to go to 3 other places (his parents and 2 sets of grandparents) and cut their visit here short.  If we do it on Saturday, they can stay all day and not have to go anywhere else.  Just hope my parents will go along with this. 

The other reason is that I don't want to have to cook and clean all day on Sunday and then have to go to work early the next morning... if we do it Saturday, I can relax on Sunday (well except for attending the church services) and eat leftovers.

Not sure how it will all shake out but that's how I would like it to be anyway. 

Monday is back to work....

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 10:36am

I'll meet you there Sandy and we can bonk her ex on the head. Wish I could help you out Tracy.

I have the last of dance pictures tonight. Kelsie will be officially on spring break. Baylie's is the following week so no trip for us.

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 9:12am

I am flying out to KY to help Tracy!

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 8:53am

I just looked at my written out Things to Do list at work.   I had forgotten that DS's class is doing History Fair projects this year instead of Science Fair.   He has all the written work done on his, but the big tri-fold board project, where he pulls it all together and makes a display, is due on Tuesday.   He hasn't started the artistic part.   And he needs a haircut before our trip.   I mentioned that to his dad and of course he told me he thinks DS looks fine.   So if a haircut is going to happen, that's up to me too. 

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 8:46am

wow Tracy! just wow!

Im working tomorrow, bonus shift.... going to the in laws afterwards..... and Im off on sunday... really need to get some housework done!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 8:33am

WOW Tracy, that's all I have to say is WOW.  I would keep all this info (about what ex doesn't pay), all the games you run them to...with the price of gas alone...ugh, it's sad you don't get support.

Tonight DH is meeting me at work with the girls and we're going to get my prize. :)  We'll get supper and then I'll stop at the grocery on the way home.

Tomorrow I'm watching my niece and nephew.  My alma mater made it to the state championships in boys basketball.  My sister teaches there and a group of teachers are going to the game.  My BIL had previous plans to.  I have them about 7am to noon.  I can handle that.

Other than that, it's cleaning and laziness.  We'll probably watch the movie on Saturday evening.  I think it's close to 3 hours!

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg