Find a Conversation
|Fri, 04-12-2013 - 7:08am|
It's Friday! What's going on this weekend?
I like these threads because I can organize my thoughts, writing everything out.
Tonight is Family Night at the ball park. I will be missing Family NIght. I bet the kids are too. They will be with their dad. Jeff and I are having a date. We discussed a few supper options but haven't settled on where we want to go yet.
Tomorrow I have a boat load to do, and little time to do it in. DS has a baseball game at 9:00. After the game I need to go to Lowe's and buy all my yard/garden prep stuff. I want to till my soil, add in topsoil and peat moss, fertilize the grass, etc. I would get my plants too but I doubt I will have time to get it all in the ground. That can wait until next weekend.
Saturday also has to be the grocery run, clean the house, and start laundry. DD has her first babysitting job Saturday night. I'll take her over there around 4:00. Then I am going to meet a friend's new baby. We went to school together, so I have know her since we were 6. She was pregnant years ago, with triplets, and something happened when she delivered. All 3 stillborn. And she had to have an emergency hystorectamy. That was a long time ago. She and her DH decided to adopt a while back. They got matched and the baby was born the week before I went to FL. So I am going over there to meet her baby. I love a happy ending. She is leaving the baby with her DH and we are going out for Mexican food.
Sunday will be crazy. I will try to give the short version of this softball drama. DD has 2 options for summer travel ball. She has been invited to join the roster of one team. And she has been invited to practice with another team. This second team has not seen her play. She wants to play with Team #2, the one we haven't seen yet. That's because she has a buddy on that roster. Team #1 has an offer on the table for her. And they want a commitment by this weekend. Both teams are practicing on Sunday. She is going to Team #2 practice, the one she wants to play with, for 3 hours. Then, going with the bird in the hand concept, if we don't get an offer on the spot for a place on the roster, we have to drive to a neighboring town for practice with Team #1. We can't rule out Team #1 in case Team #2 says she isn't a good fit with them. It gets confusing. I hope Team #2 takes her and we don't have to go to the other one.
Meanwhile, DS's game was cancelled after the third inning last night. The make-up portion of the game is Sunday afternoon. I guess I will have to miss it. If we have to go to both practices I will be gone from the house from 12:30-7:30. Come on offer from Team #2.
Sunday night, I will likely collapse. And then do it all again next week.