Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 7:08am

It's Friday!   What's going on this weekend?

I like these threads because I can organize my thoughts, writing everything out.

Tonight is Family Night at the ball park.   I will be missing Family NIght.   I bet the kids are too.   They will be with their dad.   Jeff and I are having a date.   We discussed a few supper options but haven't settled on where we want to go yet.  

Tomorrow I have a boat load to do, and little time to do it in.   DS has a baseball game at 9:00.   After the game I need to go to Lowe's and buy all my yard/garden prep stuff.   I want to till my soil, add in topsoil and peat moss, fertilize the grass, etc.   I would get my plants too but I doubt I will have time to get it all in the ground.   That can wait until next weekend.  

Saturday also has to be the grocery run, clean the house, and start laundry.   DD has her first babysitting job Saturday night.   I'll take her over there around 4:00.  Then I am going to meet a friend's new baby.   We went to school together, so I have know her since we were 6.   She was pregnant years ago, with triplets, and something happened when she delivered.   All 3 stillborn.   And she had to have an emergency hystorectamy.   That was a long time ago.   She and her DH decided to adopt a while back.   They got matched and the baby was born the week before I went to FL.   So I am going over there to meet her baby.   I love a happy ending.   She is leaving the baby with her DH and we are going out for Mexican food.

Sunday will be crazy.   I will try to give the short version of this softball drama.   DD has 2 options for summer travel ball.   She has been invited to join the roster of one team.  And she has been invited to practice with another team.   This second team has not seen her play.  She wants to play with Team #2, the one we haven't seen yet.   That's because she has a buddy on that roster.   Team #1 has an offer on the table for her.   And they want a commitment by this weekend.   Both teams are practicing on Sunday.   She is going to Team #2 practice, the one she wants to play with, for 3 hours.   Then, going with the bird in the hand concept, if we don't get an offer on the spot for a place on the roster, we have to drive to a neighboring town for practice with Team #1.   We can't rule out Team #1 in case Team #2 says she isn't a good fit with them.  It gets confusing.   I hope Team #2 takes her and we don't have to go to the other one.  

Meanwhile, DS's game was cancelled after the third inning last night.   The make-up portion of the game is Sunday afternoon.   I guess I will have to miss it.   If we have to go to both practices I will be gone from the house from 12:30-7:30.   Come on offer from Team #2.

Sunday night, I will likely collapse.   And then do it all again next week.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 8:18am

I honestly DO NOT KNOW how Tracy does it!!!! Im ready for bed just reading her post LOL

Today I am already doing laundry, dishes done and put away and working on cleaning my room and the boys room. I'll have to quit about 1030 so I can jump in the shower and get ready for Waylon's first therapist appointment at 12:00.  

I will pick him up about 11:30, then head there. Once that is over with, I have to go to Wal-Mart to fill Jeffrey's new prescription. (I've missed all week so I'll do a little re-cap).

Monday ~ Jeffrey woke up complaining with his ear hurting, knowing he is prone to ear infections, away we go to the clinic, Not an infection, but fluid on his ears, taking Zyrtec and Nasonex to help. Tuesday was my day to clean and get the house in shape, however, I felt awful. I thought it would pass, but It did not, I drove myself to the ER and mom stayed with the boys. I spent from 10:30pm until 8:30 am in the ER drugged up on Dulodid(pain med) for what felt like another pancreatits attack, but none of the tests (labs, X-ray, CT scan or EKG) showed any signs of it.  Mom came and picked me up and I was pretty useless all day LOL

So Yesterday , me, mom, Jan and Marilyn went to town and were having lunch before my doctor's appointment to have my stitches and drain tube taken out, when Mrs. Sheryl the school secretary called me and said Jeffrey was complaining with his ear, she had taken his temp, and nothing, and it wasn't read. But the Clinic was there, if I wanted him to see them. So I said yeah go ahead. He came home with a letter saying he had a left ear infection and they called in a prescription for him. Ugggggg

Waylon needs t have labs drawn this evening sometime, the nurse will come here. I don't know if Philip is working the weekend ior not. If not, I will have to drive about 2 hours tonight and pick him up. It saves wear and tear on his rig and about $250 in gas, if he rides part way home with another guy and I go pick him up.

Tomorrow, I need to try and get the boys room cleaned up and HOPE to move them back in it, and out of my bed. 

No real plans, becuase I never know what is going to happen next!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 8:18am

I honestly DO NOT KNOW how Tracy does it!!!! Im ready for bed just reading her post LOL

Today I am already doing laundry, dishes done and put away and working on cleaning my room and the boys room. I'll have to quit about 1030 so I can jump in the shower and get ready for Waylon's first therapist appointment at 12:00.  

I will pick him up about 11:30, then head there. Once that is over with, I have to go to Wal-Mart to fill Jeffrey's new prescription. (I've missed all week so I'll do a little re-cap).

Monday ~ Jeffrey woke up complaining with his ear hurting, knowing he is prone to ear infections, away we go to the clinic, Not an infection, but fluid on his ears, taking Zyrtec and Nasonex to help. Tuesday was my day to clean and get the house in shape, however, I felt awful. I thought it would pass, but It did not, I drove myself to the ER and mom stayed with the boys. I spent from 10:30pm until 8:30 am in the ER drugged up on Dulodid(pain med) for what felt like another pancreatits attack, but none of the tests (labs, X-ray, CT scan or EKG) showed any signs of it.  Mom came and picked me up and I was pretty useless all day LOL

So Yesterday , me, mom, Jan and Marilyn went to town and were having lunch before my doctor's appointment to have my stitches and drain tube taken out, when Mrs. Sheryl the school secretary called me and said Jeffrey was complaining with his ear, she had taken his temp, and nothing, and it wasn't read. But the Clinic was there, if I wanted him to see them. So I said yeah go ahead. He came home with a letter saying he had a left ear infection and they called in a prescription for him. Ugggggg

Waylon needs t have labs drawn this evening sometime, the nurse will come here. I don't know if Philip is working the weekend ior not. If not, I will have to drive about 2 hours tonight and pick him up. It saves wear and tear on his rig and about $250 in gas, if he rides part way home with another guy and I go pick him up.

Tomorrow, I need to try and get the boys room cleaned up and HOPE to move them back in it, and out of my bed. 

No real plans, becuase I never know what is going to happen next!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 10:38am

Well right now I am at work.  The wind and rain is due any minute.  If it isn't horrific around 4 pm I will take off and hit the Y.  Then home to make dinner and sit in front of the fireplace.

Saturday I am working 9:30ish to 2:30 ish - then I need to hit the grocery store - home and probably dinner at home unless DH takes pitty on me because I am working all weekend and we go out to eat.

Sunday - working again 9:30 ish to 2:30 ish - after that I will head home - Sunday night getting ready to head back to the office on Monday morning.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 12:39pm

Poor Sandy having to work both week-end days!! 

I cleaned my kitchen and did the dishes this morning before I left for work.  Tonight I am sure Amber and the kids will come over until probably around 8:00 pm.  So I get to love on my grandbabies!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be family breakfast but my mom went back in the hospital on Monday.  Dad took her up there because she was talking all confused again.  She had another UTI  (or the previous one had never gone away completely and it came back) and also was dehydrated.  She's been up there ever since and I cannot go see her because Presley, Amber and now Luke have all been sick and I have been around all 3 and have been feeling puny all week.  I talk to mom on the phone but she was not very talkative.  

Apparently they are going to put her on prophylactic antibiotics after each chemotherapy treatment so hopefully this won't happen again.  Also, they stressed the importance of her drinking some type of liquid almost continually.  Dad says she sleeps so much and that is why she is dehydrated because when she's sleeping, she is not drinking.

So, pretty sure family breakfast will be postponed.  I want to clean out my car tomorrow.. it is filthy!  Also, I want my husband to jump it to see if it is not starting because of the battery.  I hope that's it and nothing more expensive.

Saturday night we will watch my sweetie pies while A&N go to the Blu-Ray fest. 

Sunday is church and then I need to do some laundry and clean the basement up some... ServePro cleaned up the water mess but never put the stuff back where it was and it is EVERYWHERE!  They threw all kinds of crap on the bed I have down there which kind of pissed me off... wait, it REALLY pissed me off!  Their commercial that says "Like it never happened"  is not true... it might be dry but they do not put everything back where it was before it ever happened!!

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 12:52pm
Shelly I meant to say I am glad you are taking Waylon for his 1st therapy session. Let us know how it goes ok?

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 1:11pm

Oh, Daisy, I am sorry your mother is puney again.   I hope they get her fixed up quickly.

Shelly, I have the opposite feeling when I read other people's schedules.  I cannot imagine: a job without mandatory overtime, what it's like to run an errand during the week, or not having my evenings consumed with kids' activities/sports.   We have been running like this since DD was 6 and DS was 4.   I don't know anything else.  But I adore having active, social kids.  I guess I have to go to work since no one else is offering to pay my bills for me.   Although I keep looking for someone to volunteer.   At least my heavy mandatory overtime season isn't during baseball/softball season.  I know I have said it before, I wil say it again: having kids as active as mine are makes me happy.   No time to get in trouble, they have made great friends, and have a group to fit in with at every school.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-14-2013 - 7:57pm

I wish my kids were active in something, but they just don't want it, and I won't force it. :( 

Daisy ~ I'm sorry your mom is sick again!

Loved my weekend, I officially hate Sunday's now!

Photobucket