Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 6:45am

What's going on this weekend?

DD has a softball tournament.   That'll take up all tonight.   We are going to farm DS out to a friend's house.   Supper?   I guess we'll pick up something after the game.   Hmmm....  I may put on a Crock Pot of soup this morning.   It stormed all night here and we now have a cold front in for the next couple days.   High of 55° (12.7 C) here today.   Soup ready after that game will be great.   I'm doing that.

She has to be back at the field by 8:00 tomorrow morning.   She plays at 9:00.  After every team plays 2 games they will seat the torunament.   It's single elimination from there.   They will for sure have a 3rd game, and they play until they lose.   They aren't very good, so we will likely be done quick.

DS plays baseball at 1:00.   I hope there is some way I can make it to that game.   I'll leave DD with a friend if need be.  

The kids are going home Saturday night with their dad.   It's his birthday on Sunday and they're going out Saturday night.  I have no plans at all.   But, that's my only time to get the grocery run, laundry, and cleaning done.  

On Sunday we'll have to miss church yet again.   It's baby dedication, Baptism day, as well as something to do with upcoming mission trips this summer.   Instead of two services, it's one super long combined service.   Can't say that I am crushed to miss it.   DD has softball practice in a neighboring town from 12:30-3:00.   DS has basebll practice 5:30-7:30.   The ex has already told me that since it's his birthday on Sunday, he isn't doing anything on Sunday but spend time with his girlfriend.   So. all that ballpark running around is all me.   Hey, I'll actually have to put miles on my car LOL.   At least for softball that is.   I looked up her practice field for Sunday.   24 miles from my house.   Yikes!   At least DS's practice is 1.8 miles from the house (via Google maps). 

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 9:03am

So, first of all, I lied to you all. My car, less then 6 months old has 12,200 miles on it!!!!!

P did go to work, but they wouldn't follow the contract, and the working conditions were awful, so he pulled out.  Going back to a different place next Monday. So I have another week with him.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: glebou
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 1:02pm

Roo Ben has a lesion on his side, and I took him to the vet clinic yesterday.  They work in their rescue patients, so I had to leave him there.  I picked him up this morning.  The vet thinks it is mast cell tumor and is wanting to schedule surgery Wednesday.  I would have to get him there between 7:30 and 8 AM.  Rush hour on I-20, and it is a 30-minute drive without traffic.  I do so wish pug rescue would contract with a vet closer to home!

After his last stay at the vet, Roo Ben presented me with wall-to-wall diarrhea.  Hoping we do not have a repeat performance.

Beyond that, I don't have any other plans for the weekend.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 11:06am

Oh Shelly what way to start the weekend.  UGH!  Poor everyone.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 7:12am

Shelly, why was P there?   I thought he was back to work.

Poor Waylon.   That can't be any fun at all.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 8:35pm

LOL I bet I beat everyone in the milage department, My car is less then 6 months old and has over 8,000 miles on it. Those 427 mile trips to Pittsburgh really add up!!!

The boys had today off of school, an ISE(?) day for the teachers. We did NOTHING all day. None of us. Waylon got up at 6:00 and made a HUGE mess in the bed room floor.  He is hooked up to Tube feeds and IV fluids, so I brought a bucket in for him to pee in if he needs to. WELL, lets just say. P was cleaning sh*t up off of the walls and floor at 6:00 this morning!!!!  Poor kid, got up and knew he couldn't make it to the bathroom and tried to make it in the bucket and it just didn't happen. It was NASTY!!! But ayways, I went back to bed and him and the boys got up.  He came in a while later and said he was going out to pick up breakfast. :)  So I didn't even have to make breakfast when I finally rolled out of bed at 8:30!!! LOL

Tomorrow, I need to take Jeffrey for a hair cut. Other then that, I don't think we have anything planned.

Sunday, mom and dad are going camping and we are going to drive up with them and spend the day on the lake, It's gonna be cool, but we will enjoy it!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 5:13pm

Only 5 miles to my school, but it is 15 to our church, and we do that one at least twice a week. Erick's is 20 miles. Still, my van is 6 years old, and only has 60,000 miles on it. Not too bad. Under the average, which is 12,000 per year.

Plans this weekend? We actually have some, for a change. We are going to the touring company of Jersey Boys tonight with my friend Ryna and her husband. Meeting for dinner beforehand. Leaving the boys alone at night for the first time. Afraid Tristan will abuse his power over Riley..... hope not.  Need to run out and pick up a take-and-bake pizza before Erick gets home.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 1:51pm

miles on your car?  my commute is 23.5 miles...ONE WAY.  No wonder I feel like all I ever do is have oil changes (on my car, Renee)!  lol  We haven't even started with school activities. 

our only plans this weekend consist of the girls going with my mom and dad to church and breakfast Sunday morning.  They take all the grandkids (once old enough) to church and breakfast once a year. 

our high today is in the 40's.  Tracy, soup does sound good. 

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 9:14am

Feel better Sandy.

Tracy, you crack me up with putting miles on your car. You wouldn't believe how many I put on mine yesterday. Multiple trips back and forth to school. I wished I lived so close to everything but our town and activities are all spread out.

I'm helping Ray take apart some furniture today. Some guy is giving him some office furniture for free. This place has sat for over a year empty with furniture.

Tomorrow Kelsie has a soccer game and then we are renting a U-Haul and taking the furniture to Ray's new office!!!!!!!!! Then we will have to come back home and get all his crap out of the house! Yippee! I will have my house back.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 7:59am

Well I took today off as comp time for working last weekend.  Had all kinds of plans for the day but I feel like crap.  One of my coworkers had a nasty cold and it seems I was lucky enough to catch it from her.  Stuffed head, nose running, etc.  Any way I did not get to see my Dad last weekend and I promised to take him out today.  I probably will still do that plus a grocery store run.  Dinner??????

Saturday afternoon I have tickets for a performance of Sister Act and planned on going with my cousins.  I missed the last performance in the series because my Dad was in the hospital.  If I don't feel any better tomorrow I may have to miss that. 

Sunday I have no idea.  Depends upon how I feel.  Hopefully this is a short lived cold and not the long drawn out one she had/has.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg