Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 6:54am

What's going on this weekend?

Anyone guess ball games for me? You are right.

DD has a softball round robin tournament this weekend. We have two games tonight and then two games tomorrow. She has to be there at 5:30 tonight. We should be home around 10:00. I'll try to get us fed decently before the game. My plan is fish. I have some frozen cod in the freezer. I can thaw that out quickly. She and I can have baked fish, minute rice, and salads on the table pretty quick once we get home from work/school.

Tomorrow of course DD and DS play at the same time. And again I'll have to miss his game for hers. We'll be at her park from about 10:00- 4:00.

Before I leave for the game I need to prep some jalapeno cheese grits. As soon as I get home I need to bake them. That dish takes about an hour to cook. I have to be at work by 6:00. We are having our annual cook-out before we have to work the Prom. I'll work 7-midnight.

On Sunday I'll have to miss church for softball again. Last week I did go to my adult Sunday School class. It had been a while since I went and I enjoyed it.

Softball practice will run 3 hours again and DS's rained out game from Wednesday will be played that afternoon. I am going to push hard to get the ex to take DD to softball so I can watch his game.

Somewhere in there I have to find time to do laundry, go to the grocery, and clean the house. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 5:57pm

I didn't have much planned this week-end which was great. 

Friday night me and the girls (and kids) went to Tia Helita's for supper.  Then I brought the kids back to my house while the girls went shopping for a dress & suit for Luke & PResley for ERica's wedding.  They are the 2nd pair of ring bearer and flower girl.. the other pair are older.  Erica wasn't particular about what they wear, just an ivory dress for Pres and a black suit w/ivory shirt for Luke. 

THey couldn't find much so they decided to check out a 2nd hand shop... they found a perfect dress for Presley for $9.00!!  It is adorable on her. 

Saturday morning we had family breakfast.  Amber wanted to spend the morning with Nick since he had to work 2nd shift Saturday so she and the kids stayed home.  It was kind of nice because we all (my parents, ash, sheryl, me and my hubby, who normally does not go) had a good time.

Around 2:30 Amber called to see if I would watch PResley while she took Luke for a hair cut and got groceries.  Afterwards, they brought Luke back and I watch them both while the girls went to see 42 ... i cannot remember if it's 42 or 24.. but it's the Jackie Robinson movie.  Then they came back and Amber stayed a while but went home around 9:30pm and I went to bed.

TOday has been a lazy day... I cooked a new recipe but it wasn't much of a hit... so I packed it up to take to my parents, I hope they like it.  I also cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes, cleaned the living room and made out my menu & grocery list which I will probaby go tomorrow evening and buy.

Just relaxing now catching up here until it's time to go to bed.  Very boring week-end... lol

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 8:43am

Tonight Nat is going to a friend's house and she'll be home about 10. 

Saturday we're going over to my sister's house for supper.  My niece's birthday was Thursday and her party is Sunday but we can't make it, so we're going over to visit and give her her present.

Sunday we have First Communion for my nephew on DH's side.  Church isn't until noon and then we'll go back to their house for lunch, presents, etc after, so that will take up most of the day.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 8:32am

Today, dad and Philip went to Ohio to Jan and Marilyns, I am going to clean the house and do up laundry. 

Tomorrow I have to take Jeffrey to get his hair cut. Other then that, there are no plans for us for the rest of the weekend!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 7:43am

Well Mel don't feel too bad.  I am working this weekend also.  Just Saturday but still.  It sure does cut into my "free time" for Saturday & Sunday.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 7:13am

Im working ALL weekend.... was off on sunday, but boss switched a shift so I could be off on monday instead because of the ultrasound... but thats been changed to today! so wont have to go anywhere on monday! yay!

Photobucket