Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 6:32am

Anything going on this weekend?

Thankfully, I don't have a crazy weekend on the calendar.   I need the break.   There is a Varsity team only tournament at our school this weekend.   I didn't even end up on the schedule to work it.   I will go up there for a short bit today to help with the concession stand, but that's it.   The kids are going to my parent's house for supper and to stay for most of the night.   Jeff and I are actually going to be able to spend some time together.   We are going out to eat and then we may go grill shopping.   Mine is looking rough.   And I grill a lot. 

Tomorrow we are free.   Yes, free for most of the day.    It's Derby day and for the first time in forever I just haven't gotten into it.   I've been that busy I guess.   And it's supposed to be cold and rainy here.  High of 50° on Derby day with rain?   That is awful.   I may be able to get some yard work done if the rain slacks off some.

DS plays baseball at 3:00, if it's not rained out.

The kids want homemade pizza on Saturday night.  We will do that and watch a movie or something.   It'll be nice just to be here and not be rushed.

Sunday I am sure both kids will have practice, with DD's lasting for 3 hours.  But we are in the downhill slide for the school year.   Things should start to slack off and give way to summer stuff only.

Three weeks from today and this school year is in the books.   It has flown by.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 6:54am

Not much for Friday.  I may take off work a bit early.  I need to get my driver's license renewed.  It will depend upon how my hair comes out today.  Good hair day and I'll go.  Bad hair day and I won't.  Of course my last driver's license picture came out so bad good hair or bad should not make much difference.  Anything will be better.  Any way I will try to get in a Zumba class too. 

Saturday will be taking my Dad out, grocery run, laundry etc.  Hope to catch the Derby at home.

Sunday morning I'll get in my usual trip to the Y.  Sunday afternoon is our day to see Theresa Caputo!!!!  Long Island Medium here I come!!!!!!!  We will probably grab something to eat after that.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 9:18am

it is girls weekend at Seabrook - woo-hoo!  Not sandy beaches with crystal clear water, but it is as good as it gets for beaches here.  We have the same house as last year -

http://www.seabrookcottagerentals.com/vacation-rental-home.asp?PageDataID=41186

Only 15 of us this year, so just the one house. I am on dinner team this year - got Erick to smoke pork and make BBQ sauce for us this year - just have to toss it in the crockpots tomorrow morning. Yum. All people from work (with one retiree). Should be fun. We have a teacher training day today and will leave straight from school. Got the cooler packed, although I have  to stop and buy some wine. Can't believe we don't have a chard in the house! 

Check in with you Sunday evening, girls -

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 9:38am

Glad you get a break this weekend Tracy!!

Im working all weekend....

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 12:15pm

Glad you get a much needed break Tracy.

HAVE FUN Cara!!!

Tomorrow morning my sister is coming over and we're walking the community garage sales.  Neither of us are looking for anything in particular, so we're just strolling. DH is working Sat and Sun. Saturday evening we're going to our Derby party and ditching the wedding.

Sunday I'm going to my sisters to price clothes for an upcoming garage sale.

And of course the usual grocery, laundry, etc, etc...

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 12:50pm

Have a great time Cara!!!!!

Susan who's wedding did you ditch?  Have fun wearing the floppy hat!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 12:54pm

A guy I work with.  I feel bad because I see him everyday and we did RSVP a yes, but I don't feel THAT bad. :/  Actually if it was any other person at work I would go.  :o

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-03-2013 - 3:15pm

I am working tonight.  One of our NICU babies mother did a dinner last year to commemorate his 1 year birthday and apparently has decided to make it an annual thing.  I did work it last year too... it is at Warwick Hill Golf Club (where they used to hold the Buick Open Golf Tournament) so I am looking forward to a good supper!  Mary was supposed to help me but she called a bit ago and told me she went to see a dr. yesterday about this growth on her thumb and he did a bunch of stuff to it and it's all wrapped up and throbbing so she doesn't really feel like coming.  Bummer... and everyone else I would ask (my girls, my cousin, etc.) all have plans.  So, it looks like I am going to have to recruit Angie (our event planner) to help me.  She normally does not help me much but she will have to tonight!  Silent Auction bidding ends at 10:00 pm so I will be up there at least until 11:00 or 11:30.  Ugh... I WAS looking forward to it with Mary but now, not so much.

Tomorrow and Sunday my husband is working a softball tournament at a park near our house.  The girl i work with who is the director of volunteer services is in charge of it and asked me if my husband would be interested in working it for $75 each day so when I asked him, he said yes.  An extra $150 will come in handy when we go to TX.  Although, I think he wants to spend it on ammo, a bunch of his family members are going shooting in a couple weeks.

Saturday, if it's nice outside, I'd like to clean my patio.  We were out there last night and Luke wanted to run around and play but there are dead leaves all over and the furniture needs to be washed.  I am thinking about painting my porch swing because it looks so weathered but then again, i know if I paint it now, I will have to keep painting it and it looks like a huge pain to paint because it's all slats of wood...

I also need to clean out my car, it is horrible.  Saturday night it seems like something is happening but I can't put my finger on it right now.  The grandbabies will probably come over if I am just imaginging things so their parents can attend the weekly blu-ray fest. 

Sunday I am going to try to force myself to go to church... if I do, it will probably be by myself since hubby is working that tournament and Ashleigh likes to sleep in.. lol.  i have not gone since Easter and I can feel it.  My emotional/mental health needs it.

Sunday afternoon I would like to relax and watch tv, maybe bead or crochet some but it will depend on what I get done on Saturday.  I need to do laundry too, Amber has been coming over to shower since Tuesday because their hot water heater went out and they don't have it fixed yet (don't ask me why... it's crazy how they put stuff off, way worse than I am!) so we've been going through towels more quickly.

Sunday night definitely relaxing and prepping myself for another week in the rat race!

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-04-2013 - 12:13am

I have no plans.  I need to pull my washer out and clean the cold water filter, I usually wash my laundry in cold water and it is just trickleing in and takes forever to fill up. Once I get that done, I have some laundry to day.  That will be tomorrow. Sunday, Waylon and I will head to Pittsburgh for his clinic appointment on Monday morning.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-04-2013 - 7:56am

Sandy, I cannot wait to hear how the LI Medium show goes.   It sounds fantastic.   I'd love to be there too.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-04-2013 - 8:08am
I will report back! I have been watching the reruns of her show so I all revved up and ready to go tomorrow!

Pages