Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 7:03am

What's going on this weekend?

I am working today and then heading up to Cincinnati for a Reds game. Jeff and I are going with some friends. We talked about this a few weeks ago and the man we are going with scored free tickets through his work. And they are good seats. Yay! It should be a great night, despite the fact that it's going to rain. We'll take ponchos and pray it doesn't cancel. Jeff has never been to an MLB game.

Tomorrow morning I'll try to mow the grass. But I'm not counting on it being dry enough.

I have to leave for DD's summer team practice by noon. It's in another town. And will last 3 hours. I'll wear my running clothes and go for a run while she's practicing. After her practice I'll drop her off at home and head straight for DS's ballpark for his game. After the game we are going out to eat with a few other baseball families.

Sunday I have no clue other than mowing if it's dry, grocery run, baseball practice for DS, and cleaning. My mom mentioned getting together for a Mother's Day dinner. Not sure if we will or not though.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 7:15am

I hope to get in an exercise class right after work (actually book out an hour early for it).  Depending upon what time John drops his folks off after my MIL's surgery will depend upon whether or not we need to go back over to be sure both MIL & FIL are ok for the night.

Saturday morning I am going to pick up my Dad and take him out for breakfast and then to pick up some plants.  Will drop one off for my Mom and then drop him back at home.  I have an eyebrow appointment in the afternoon that I am looking forward too.  I really like the gal I go to.  She has a great little shop and always something new to try out.  After that most likely heading to the inlaws.

Sunday morning I will go to the Y and then in the afternoon we will visit with MIL and bring her a plant and probably lunch since she won't be up for going out.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 8:35am

Im working all weekend.... we are going to the in laws tomorrow after work... for a belated birthday dinner for FIL( his birthday is may 5th, but they were still away on vacation)... we are having a bbq.... so that means FIL will be cooking it! lol and we will get to see what baby stuff they bought for baby! yay!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 8:44am

I was going to have to leave work today to take my mom for her "day after" shot but I talked Ashleigh in to taking her after her appointment at David's Bridal.  Fridays are an early day for her and she gets out of work around 1:00 and I hate taking 2.5 hours off work the day after I am off most the day with her for chemo.  I can get a lot of work done in those 2.5 hours... of course my mom lives on the south end of town and my hospital is on the north end and the dr. is on the north end but about 8 miles west.  That's why it takes me so long away from my desk even when it's only for a shot, wait 10 minutes then leave.

Tonight i will watch my grandbabies for an hour or so while Amber gets groceries.  She is going to have a very busy week-end and she wants to get the grocery shopping out of the way.  When she's done, she will probably come over and hang with us until around 8:00 or so.

Tomorrow at noon my parent, me, hubby & Ash, Nick, Amber & kids and maybe my cousin Sheryl are meeting at Sagano for lunch.  It's a Japanese Bistro and Steakhouse where they cook the food at your table and give you a little comedy show, tricks & throw little pieces of chicken in the air for you to catch with your mouth.  My parents have never been there.  We are celebrating Mother's Day Saturday so we can spend more time with Amber & Nick and the kids.  If we do it Sunday, we have to share them with his parents and 2 sets of his grandparents so they only have a short visit with us and more than likely they would not eat with us.  So, this works out and ONCE AGAIN I AM THE ONE GIVING UP SOMETHING IN ORDER TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR THEM!  His parents or grandparents NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER offers to reschedule their plans for another day ... ugh.  Okay, I will stop griping now because I actually would rather celebrate on a Saturday than Sunday anyway because I like to relax and not have too much on my plate on Sundays.  But, I will never admit that to Nick!  LOL

After lunch at Sagano, if my mom needs one, her and my dad will go back home and she will take a nap, if not, they will come straight to my house.  If she does need a nap, she will come over after her nap and play games.  I asked her to bring her dog, Buddy, with her.  She got him right before she was admitted to the hospital back in the beginning of March and I am the only one who's seen him.  He is a cutie patootie!  I know that Buddy and Brady will probably love playing together too... well, after they get done "hugging" each other that is.

Tomorrow night, Amber & Nick will go to blu-ray fest and the kids will stay with me.  Not sure what time my parents will stay to, but I imagine if my mom is feeling up to it, they will probably stay late... or until she tuckers out.

Sunday I plan to do a few things around the house and maybe get groceries (depends on how much I want to relax.. lol).  Sunday night, get myself mentally prepared to face a new week!

Great, Ashleigh just called me to tell me her "check engine" light lit up on her way to work... she's freaking out now because she doesn't want to break down when Nana in the car.  I told her just keep an eye on her engine temperature to make sure it doesn't overheat and we'd have someone look at it this week-end.  Ugh... always something!

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 9:39am

I am finishing up laundry and cleaning the house up. Cooking dinner so it will be ready when P gets in from work! YEAH it's Friday!!

Tomorrow no plans. Do up his laundry for him and get his suitcase re-packed for next week.

Sunday after P leaves to go back towork, I will take mom out for dinner for Mother's day.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 9:42am

Tonight we may go to a friends house for a few drinks.

Tomorrow I'm going to my sister's to finish pricing clothes for the garage sale.  I wouldn't have ever imagined that it would take this long!  Then I'll hit the grocery quick and get the flowers for Mother's Day.

Sunday we'll stop at my grandma's and mom's and drop off flowers.  Then we'll go to MIL's for supper.  I politely asked DH not too stay that long.  I don't want to sound rude, but it's my day too! :)

I really need to plant some stuff!  I don't have any flowers or veggies in yet.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
In reply to: glebou
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 11:04am

Today I am clearing the stuff off the floors of the two front bedroom closets in preparation for the flooring installation on 5/20 and packing the contents of the china cabinet into boxes.

I want to paint all the doors off the main hallway before the flooring is installed  They are brown-stained, cheap, hollow-core doors typical of mid-sixties tract houses.  I'd really like new doors, but with the cost of the flooring, paint applied by me is all I can afford!  I have a $10 off coupon for the hardware store, so I will buy some Kilz, a brush or two, and some white enamel.

Tomorrow is shelter/PetSmart adoption day.  I plan to volunteer from 8:30 until noon.

Sunday I am meeting the rest of the family some place, and we are going to lunch for Mothers' Day.  I might meet Amy and Mark at her apartment and go to church with them.  They attend a contemporary mega-church, and Amy thinks I will hate it. I doubt that.  There is more than one way of reaching people, and they are doing a good job of it.  I'm old, but I'm not a fogey.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-10-2013 - 4:30pm

Daisy, my mom is in the same situation you are when it comes to holidays and in-laws. My mom always has to celebrate it on a different day. My BIL's parents get all the actual holidays. It burns my mom up but she will not say anything, except to me. lol

Baylie has guitar tonight. That's about it for Friday, that I know of. Saturday Kelsie will have two soccergames in the morning and two in the afternoon to make up from last week when it rained out. Praying they don't cancel tomorrow because it has rained all day today and the ground might be too wet. Sunday we are going to the Nashville Sounds game with our friends who's husband is the general manager. Supposed to be a beautiful day.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 7:09am

Missy, on behalf of your mom and all the other moms out there who try to keep the peace, thank you for listening to her gripe!  We have to have SOMEONE to complain to or we'd blow our tops! 

So, Missy.... tell your mom I said hey and that I totally sympathize with her...  I remember that my MIL was very nice about changing holidays for their side of the family and I always appreciated it.  So, we are the angel-moms who our kids appreciate being flexible... Innocent  Yeah, right... that's it... that's our story and we are sticking to it!! 

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg