Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 6:25am

We made it to Friday.   Not that there are too many left over here to celebrate with me.  It's also a 3-day holiday weekend!!  What's going on?

It's the last day of school here.   As always, I get the thrill of working five graduations over the next 2 days.   I swear that always overshadows whatever my kids have going on during this time of year.  I will be able to go to DS's 5th grade promotion today.   Then I will leave for graduations, round #1.   I'll work about 13 hours today, getting off duty around 9:00.   DS has a 5th grade dance which I'll miss.   It's 6:30-8:30.    He is having some friends come home with him from that, having a slumber party at his dad's house.   DD will be dropped off here and stay with me.

Tomorrow I have to be back at work by 8:30.   I'll miss DS's last baseball game of the season.    I'll work until about 6:00 tomorrow night.  Then I will have both kids tomorrow night.   I see me being too tired to cook and we'll head out to someplace fun.   Or we'll order pizza.  

Sunday I have no idea.   No plans.   I'll try to get my laundry, cleaning, shopping done.   Jeff and I have talked about going fishing that afternoon/evening.  

Monday I think if it's sunny we may try the pool.   Not sure yet.   We'll find something fun I'm sure.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 6:43am

Well what do you know.  I am signed in AND it looks like I can post.  Guess I have finished my "time-out" and can come back and play with the other kids again.  Of course I'm not so sure there are other kids on here any more to play with.  Oh well I always liked hanging out with Tracy -

Weekend plans - let me see now.  Not much for today.  I am heading into work to clean up the big mess on my desk.  Dinner at home tonight.  Weather today is not nice.

Saturday's weather is cold and rainy.  I think I will try the morning Zumba class.  I could use the stress relief and the exercise.  After that I will run a few errands.  I wanted to go to the nursery and get flowers and make my rounds to all the cemeteries where family members are but they are saying the weather for Saturday is going to be crappy. 

Sunday depending upon the weather John and I may make the cemetery rounds if not Sunday then we will on Monday since they are saying that will probably be the best day weather wise.  I also want to get my plants for my back deck and front porch.  My Dad always bought me plants for my birthday.  He handed me some money last week and told be to be sure to get my plants.  He also told me to make sure I got a plant for my SIL because he didn't get a chance to get her one for Mother's Day.  I also want to get a rose bush to plant in our space in his honor.  He loved to garden and had a huge vegetable and flower garden every year.  He gave up the large vegetable garden about 5 years ago but did keep his rose bushes and other flowers.  Two of his rose bushes were in full bloom on Monday (the day he past away) which for us especially with the cold spring we have had was quite early. 

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 9:21am

extra hugs Sandy. 

This evening DH is going to make his rounds mowing.  I'll head into my mom's to take a shower (see PPWM) and hang out for a bit. 

Tomorrow in the morning I am going to make and can some pasta sauce.  Then we have a cookout to head to in the afternoon.

Sunday we have having some people over.  We got a free keg from a guy at work from his wedding.  He didn't want to return it full so we're going to do our best to try and take care of that. ;) 

Monday we have the Memorial Day parade at 10:30.  That finishes up around noon with lunch at the VFW.  We don't have anything planned the rest of the day. 

I did the grocery shopping yesterday so that's done.  I can't do any dishes or laundry until the water is back on! 

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.  Thank a soldier and remember it's not National BBQ Day.  :)

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 9:22am

Oh and I couldn't ask for a more beautiful weekend!  It will be perfect weather!!

Looking ahead

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 10:52am

Susan, I would freeze.  That's way too cold.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 10:53am

Thinking of you Sandy.

Tonight both girls have birthday parties. Kelsie's is a sleepover but Baylie's is not. Saturday morning we will pick up Kelsie and she has her last soccer games of the season. Hopefully she won't be a zombie on the field. Then from 2;30-5 we are headed to end of the season soccer party. One of the families has offered to have it at their house. They have a nice pool and lots of property to run on for the kids. We will cookout and hang out. We have nothing else planned. I'm sure something will come up though.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 10:53am

Oh, and I would love to be charged with helping to drain a keg.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 1:45pm

Last year Memorial Day was 92*, ba humbug on that crap.  I'll take my 70*! 

Hey Tracy, come on up...you can crash on the couch!