Weekend Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans?
Fri, 06-07-2013 - 7:10am

Anything going on this weekend?

I would have bet the farm that we'd be playing baseball tonight.   DS is in his tournament.   A loss last night meant a 5:30 game today.   They pulled off a huge upset for the win and now play on Saturday afternoon.   So, we are free tonight.   The kids will be with their dad.  Jeff and I will head out to our neighborhood bar and grill place and catch the Reds/Cards game.  

Saturday it's time to start packing DS for church camp.   He'll be there next week.    Then it's baseball Saturday afternoon.   Saturday night, who knows.

Sunday is maybe church, I tend to go on summer sabbatical.   For sure I have to get my cleaning done, laundry, grocery run, etc.   Sunday night Jeff and I are headed to Cincinnati for the Reds/Cards game.   ESPN picked it up so it's at 8:00.   Late night, but that'll be a great game.   I hope.

Community Leader
Fri, 06-07-2013 - 2:32pm

Hi Tracy! I'm not much for recipes - my idea of quick and easy is bacon and eggs scramble for dinner! Laughing

But I thought I could join in here!

This weekend we are going to another DoorsOpen - where you get to tour local heritage homes. A few weeks ago we went to the one in Whitby, and tomorrow it's happening in Clarington! And it's all free.

We live in a home built around 1850, and I have been researching the history, trying to figure out who built the house. (No luck so far) So touring these other homes is fascinating for me.

Last time I went in a house where they had sanded down and finished the old farm board floor - and I realized I could pull up all that old carpet in our bedrooms and do the same! When I saw those rough old boards under the carpet, I thought there was nothing I could do. Now to just find the money to do it!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-07-2013 - 4:14pm

Yay, company. By all means, join in. I'd love to have someone to talk to.

Touring old homes. Wow, I love to look at old homes and would love to have the time to do so. What area do you live in? I am in Central Kentucky.

I hear ya on having lots of ideas but not the funds for the follow through. That's the story of my life.

Community Leader
Fri, 06-07-2013 - 5:37pm

I am in Southern Ontario, Canada.

We camped in Kentucky overnight when we did a roadtrip to Florida years ago. Went horseback riding while we were there - it was my son's first time - he loved it!

I am always full of ideas - and not enough time or money to do them. If I am awake, I am thinking of soemthing to do! My brain never seems to shut down - makes it hard to sleep sometimes! LOL