Ovarian Cysts

Avatar for digitalxhottie
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-13-2013
Ovarian Cysts
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 11:14am

Has anyone had a problem with these? Lately, I have had 3 ruptures in a month and Im in so much pain all the time. I just need some good conversation about experiences please! 

Avatar for formhals126
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-01-2013
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 12:50am

I am not sure, but when I hear of ovarian cysts?  I think of congestion in that area of the body. If you really work on your diet, you will be surprised what you can do. And, believe me,  I would be happy to direct you to someone -- actually a book by a Doctor I love-- if you are interested in changing what you eat. I would be happy to pass this along to you.

My ex-wife had problems with this and it was very painful for her. And she was pretty health conscious. So, again, I would be happy to put you in the right direction. It is a path that you can share with family members-- I have learned so much from this doctor and his thoughts about food and the person have made me be a champion for sometime.  It makes so much sense. Common sense.   My best and good luck.

Community Leader
Registered: 07-25-2000
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 7:35pm

I used to get functional cysts fairly often when I was young. When I went on birth control pills it pretty much put an end to them and they did not happen again after I quit taking the pill. The pain was pretty bad sometimes -- I actually went to the ER thinking I had appendicitis once.

I do hope you are seeing a doctor. He should be able to give you something to make you more comfortable and if they continue then hormones may be an option, but your doctor may want to do some tests to determine just what kind of cyst you are dealing with.

Avatar for cmkarla
Registered: 01-03-2001
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 9:04am

Are you being treated by an OB/GYN? I have two sisters who both experienced them. One was treated with hormones and the other required surgery. Tests were run on both to determine what treatment (if any) was needed.

Perhaps if nothing else, a doctor can help you with the pain and discomfort.

Community ModeratoriVillage.com