yeast infection?

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-02-2009
yeast infection?
Fri, 12-03-2010 - 12:35pm

This is embarrassing.

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-24-2009
Fri, 12-03-2010 - 1:33pm

Hi Duckie, and welcome to the Women's Health message board! There's no reason to be embarrassed, by the way.

I would recommend getting in to see a doctor right away, so a proper diagnosis can be made and treatment started. A gynecologist would be optimal, but a general practitioner should be able to help you too. A couple of conditions that commonly seem like a yeast infection — but aren't — are bacterial vaginosis and contact or irritant vulvitis.

Until you can get in to see a doctor, the best advice I can offer to ease the symptoms is to wear loose-fitting clothing and cotton underwear, donning fresh panties as needed throughout the day, and use a hypoallergenic detergent to launder your clothes (especially undergarments).

Good luck to you, and please stop by the board again!

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-07-2007
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 3:40pm

Hi duckie - just checking in on you.