Be careful of wire grill cleaners...

Avatar for cmkarla
Administrator
Registered: 01-03-2001
Be careful of wire grill cleaners...
1
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 8:53am

Ugg. I imagine they can cause quite the stomach ache. According to Health Day News:

"Several Rhode Island residents had a brush with the emergency room because of sharp wire bristles that made their way from barbecue grills into their digestive tracts.

The wire bristles, which came from the metallic brushes used to clean grills, apparently ended up in barbecued beef or chicken that the patients ate, a new report said. From there, the bristles went to their throats and stomachs and caused serious medical issues." READ MORE

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Community Leader
Registered: 07-25-2000
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 1:12am

That is pretty scary! I never would have thought of something like that happening.