Happy 2013!
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 8:49am

I hope you have a great year!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 8:46am

dyk we were in New Jersey for Christmas and on the 26th we headed for warmth and sunshine.  Spent New Years at Jumby Bay which is a small island off the coast of antigua.  We've been going there for years.  

dyk Lanie is home from college until the 20th.  We've been spending a lot of time going back and forth from NY to NJ.  Lanie is sort of the tail that's wagging the dog right now.  She has friends in both places that she wants to see before going back to school.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:30pm

dyk checking in

dyk I got a SAMS CLUB store membership

dyk this was our experience -- including pictures of our stuff all stashed in the kitchen :-)

http://madsensundercover.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/tap-tap-tap-crazy-laughter-big-box-shopping-for-a-family-of-five/

MadsenFallSiggy3.png picture by jenniemadsen1

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:31pm

dyk had a dining room sexual encounter that I really feel warrants story telling.... but am unsure if there is an appropriate audience!!! LOL

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:34pm

dyk my dad paying off my student loan (settling it actually) has created yet another problem for me and Sean

dyk we didn't know he paid it off until well after the fact, so we didn't claim deby reduction income, so we have a tax bill now that will suck up our next 2 maybe even 3 refunds

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:37pm

dyk so to add to my strange list of issues: chronic dehydration

dyk pretty sure my diet soda habit was that bad.

dyk I stopped drinking my pepsi max yesterday when I read an article about mild but chornic dehydration and checked EVERY symptom off the list

dyk I drank 1 at lunch, but had 80 ounces of water

dyk had a SIP today at lunch of Sean's, and am on 60 ounces

dyk my skin is already less itchy and looks better

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:46pm

dyk been pouring with thunderstorms for 2 days

dyk I am hoping that it stays "clear" for the next 30 minutes so the kids can walk home from the bus stop

dyk Ellie is sleeping and I can't be in two places at once!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:49pm

dyk I need to laminate some stuff

dyk but I'm pretty comfortable on the couch

dyk and recently discovered that there is a reason I cannot find private insurance with maternity coverage -- most companies have dropped it completely to maintain competitive rates and premiums because of the cost of Obamacare requirements.

dyk so it seems that savign cash and paying out of pocket is the way to go

dyk and it's just hard for me to wrap my brain around that

dyk but to insure me with Sean is $735 a month, 12 mo waiting period before I can use benefits (still paying premium) and then I have a $6000 deducticle

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 3:55pm

dyk Sean had a bad day yesterday

dyk expansive, manic mood --- the worst he's ever had according to him. (As in, he verbalized that, I agree.)

dyk luckily, he had a doc appt at 11:45 so she got to experience is and we left with a Rx for xanax. I filled it and kept Sean with me for an hour until it kicked in and he was calmed down, and I got some food in him, too.

dyk his afternoon went better.

dyk He has tries several other anxiety meds, but one didn't have any effect at all and another made him too drowsy and so his doc wrote out a script for the big guns this time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 4:12pm

dyk weather held up so I was able to laminate and let Ellie sleep rather than driving to the bus stop

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 4:15pm

dyk Sean is loving his new iPhone5 too

dyk and I ahev used all my new kitchen stuff, and we set up the kids telescope that my parents got them

dyk we viewed Jupiter and FOUR of its moons super cool

dyk and we're not even good at using the telescope yet --- we got VERY lucky to get focused in on Jupiter enough to view the moons lol

Pages