iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 10:08am
dyk I think this is a very appropriate audience for your dining room tet-a-tet
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:19pm

dyk y'all are the audience huh?

dyk I knew that. LOL Just wondering if anyone was still around reading... haha

dyk so you know we adjusted Sean's meds again b/c he was experiencing side effects and one had been diminished sex drive -- blech!!!

dyk well.... I think we've taken care of that. Frequency is still not back up to what we used to do (like 4-5X a week) but... the other day we had JUST put the kids to bed and I was standing in the dining room at the tall counter checking my email or somethig and he was tucking Ellie ina nd when he came out he came up behind me and was hugging on me and kissing my neck, etc all sexy and stuff

dyk and I suggested we go to the bedroom... but he goes, "You're not going anywhere" and he proceeded to just take me right there where we were STANDING!

dyk kids prob still awake, lights on, TV going, right there at the counter.

MadsenFallSiggy3.png picture by jenniemadsen1

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:22pm

dyk and so since then, we had another tet-a-tet to borrow a phrase from Cathy that was straight out of the fantasy stuff I'd told him about

dyk suffice it to say that 50 shades ain't got nothing on Sean. HA!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:26pm

dyk I can't decide which one was better -- two completely different scenarios. I gotta say though, if I'm only getting it 2X a week, those are the ways to go!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:32pm

dyk meanwhile, both kids made the honor roll

dyk but, "poor Dek" both his teacher and I feel that two of his grades are still too low and not representative of his ability. He has a 90 in language and a 94 in math and both should be about 5pts higher on average.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:35pm

dyk Abi's teacher wanted to put her in after school tutoring (with her, the teacher) for 30 minutes once a week

dyk but I said no.

dyk actually, what I said was this:

I honestly don't know how a longer school day would impact Abi. We have a really good schedule going from when she gets home, and it involves a big chunk of "down time" the second she hits the door (which is also when she gets her afternoon ADHD, bipolar and anxiety meds). We do not generally do any school work until around 4pm when her medication has "kicked in" again and she's had food.

Is it possible for you to instruct me on what to work on with her (or even send the work home) and I can work with her for 30 minutes once (or even twice) a week during Homework Club? I have plenty of time to work one on one with her in any way that you tell me to and I'd like to try that first before setting up tutoring, which would involve getting her medications up at school and arranging transportation for that day and possibly disrupting the good thing we've got going right now with her.

I am free to come in if you want to tell me in person the specifics of what will help her with her comprehension and the upcoming STARR test. If we don't see any improvement with me working with her at home, we can revisit after school tutoring again.

dyk her teacher thought it was a great idea for me to work with her at home within our already "scheduled" Homework Club time and she's sending the material that she would have used after school home for me to look over.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:40pm

dyk her teacher noted (and I already knew) that Abigail does so much better with answering questions when they are read to her.

dyk and so I asked if that was an accomodation we could get added to her testing (this is the state regulated testing in april) if we do not get the results we are hoping for with the added instruction

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:48pm

dyk I got a different perspective when visiting my cousin and his wife -- who is a Kinder teacher

dyk sometimes I feel like I am surely bothering their teachers with questions and requirements and whatnot, but Ashley (that's my cousin's wife) said they really don't mind and that it's way better than the parents they get NO involvement or response from at all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:51pm

dyk we have puzzles going -- Abigail even has figured out a system that works for her and is quite successful

dyk we are up to doing (easily doing) 1,000 piece puzzles

dyk thank goodness we bought that roll up mat! lol we've had a puzzle going constantly for 2 months now

dyk here's Ellie working ont he current one yesterday afternoon --- puzzling with a 2.5 yr old -- super fun!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151370279541418

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:55pm

dyk a few pics of the kids

dyk I can see what Dek is going to look like as a teenager in this picture

dyk handsome fella

Pages